OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ru3ybese.jpg

Photo taken full auto, sun behind fish, facing toward sun. Totally wrong lighting.
e7y6yry4.jpg

Sun behind me, shining on fish. Correct lighting produced much better results.
Again,I appreciate the fact that the camera doesn't have a magic pill to make all shots acceptable. Keeps me on my toes ahead of time instead of being intellectually lazy like the first shot was.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Great pics Mark ...keep them coming ...and where them G2 peeps ...let's see photo's

M8 tap'd

Erikbal

Reaction score
When you guys say full auto I am assuming you mean the intelligent auto setting?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you guys say full auto I am assuming you mean the intelligent auto setting?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I mean whatever it was set to from the factory. Auto everything. The things I'd want to change , such as metering, aren't available for changing on the stock camera.
eduba9at.jpg

In the attached photo the camera did a very good job of guessing that I wanted the focal point to be the points where the fishing hooks caught my arm and did a nice job of blurring slightly everything else to draw the eye to the arm but in order to get that effect I simply pressed the phone where I wanted it to focus and it set the metering, and everything else, to accomplish that goal.
a3yvemyn.jpg

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Out fishing again this late afternoon and got these. Fish aren't biting so I figured I'd "catch" some photos.
a4e3amun.jpg

u9uhunyv.jpg

hepy5esa.jpg

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Biggest fish I've ever caught. Tapatalk will render out the detail but you can see the slime coat and individual scales in the full size photo.
ysevajyz.jpg

After a massive bacterial infection killed all of my fish in my aquarium the first one I got was a baby rainbow shark. It's really a type of catfish but you can see why they call it a shark because of the fins. I had to circle the fish, using Quick Memo, to be able to point it out. Yes my daughters decorated the tank and made the backing
ba8ebypy.jpg

NWRULES

Reaction score
So, my camera has been taking cloudy pics lately. Did a reset, to no avail. Did some research and apparently the G2 is known for getting micro fractures on the outside lens over the camera. Even saw a YouTube video of some up close inspection of the glass and it's definitely little tiny cracks. Which in turn is making the pictures cloudy looking. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, my camera has been taking cloudy pics lately. Did a reset, to no avail. Did some research and apparently the G2 is known for getting micro fractures on the outside lens over the camera. Even saw a YouTube video of some up close inspection of the glass and it's definitely little tiny cracks. Which in turn is making the pictures cloudy looking. Anybody else experiencing this issue?
The only cloudy photos I get are metering errors. It has a hard time getting the metering correct in shots with both bright and dark areas.