Photos From Your G2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know the G2 is so last year and I was surprised I couldn't find a thread about photos taken with one, only a screen shots thread, so here's a few I got the other day. I really haven't used it a whole lot in the couple months I've had it but I thought these turned out really nicely of my youngest daughter as she came off of a water slide at Cobblestone water park, my new bait casting reel I took a photo of asking my brother a question about, my middle daughter fishing with me and a photo of the pond we were fishing on.
2eha6ejy.jpg

7aqujahe.jpg
zu5ema5u.jpg
vetuzyhy.jpg

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Mark ..looking good my friend ...G2 is solid last year or not it hangs with the best of phones ...just got my friend on T-Mobile on one yesterday..price is solid too ...so let's keep them pics coming G2 peeps

M8 tap'd

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
G2 is still a great device and I'm very happy with the camera. I'll post some pics of the vacation I just got back from in Colorado in a little bit.

on the move..

Erikbal

Reaction score
I haven't had mine long enough to accumulate many pictures. I'll try to get some good ones today at my friend's camp. I can't believe this forum doesn't get more action. I don't think the G2 gets the credit it deserves. Very solid phone in my opinion.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Very true. This is the first device that I haven't had the desire to replace yet.

on the move..

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
rapu6y7e.jpg

A photo of my youngest at Virginia Beach today. Set to cloudy White Balance, full auto on the rest, 8x zoom
dege7ugu.jpg

Full auto, no zoom. It was a very cloudy day with intermittent spitting rain showers.
ygu8yga7.jpg

Going over the 64 draw bridge at 65mph from inside with window up. Full auto.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
9yhu3u7u.jpg

My youngest daughter casting her new pink rod/reel combo for the first time. Full auto, sunny day
7etebydu.jpg

Again, Madelyn getting ready to go fishing. Full auto, hazy sunny day but under the shade of a tree.
tame9aqe.jpg

My new tackle box in Seahawks green. Full auto, sunny at sunset.
unedabyb.jpg

Same pond as before from the other end. Full auto, intermittent clouds in a hazy day.
abemysy9.jpg

Madelyn shows her ribbon for winning her swim heat. Full auto, no flash, just after sunset, under a tree.
I like how the camera does a good job of making things realistic. If the lighting is poor it shows up like the eye sees it and doesn't make things look artificially better on full auto. If the shot is taken with bright light behind the subject on full auto it picks up the wrong lighting like the eye sees. Like when I took these shots, the grass was brown from drought I like the grass to be brown and not look like a well watered golf course. It might sound weird but I like that it makes me work for a good shot in less than ideal conditions.

Erikbal

Reaction score
Well I never ended up getting any at camp yesterday. Spent most of the time on the boat and didn't want to take my phone out there with me. It was a good time though!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

scott craft

Reaction score
Those pictures are great! I haven't seen anything released yet this year that makes me want to leave my G2, including the G3. I'll be looking forward to the G4 though....

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Those are great photos taken with the G2. mountainbikermark, the one with the clouds reflected in the lake in the first set is wallpaper material. :)
Congrats to Madelyn on winning her swim heat. :)