Photo Gallery Organizer Problem!?!

*kallen

Reaction score
Photo Gallery Organizer Problem!?! SOLVED

Hello,

I am having an issue with my gallery. I wanted to organize it, so that I could find things easier (BAD IDEA!!). I downloaded Fish Bowl Gallery App. Looked great, good reviews, so I went into the app and started to "organize" my photos. Now all of a sudden some of my photos do not show up in the original gallery app, which is upsetting. I figured it was the app, so I went and downloaded a different gallery organizer, F-Stop Media Gallery, same issues, the pictures didn't show up there.

My issue now is I have about 800 photos of my daughter out in who knows where on my phone, can anyone, tell me how to 1. Find them and/or 2. help me get an app that I can organize my photos with, and yet still have them actually show up in the stock gallery app, because that is where the Picture Frame take the pictures from and the screen saver. Nothing can find anything right now and I am a little paranoid that they are gone.

Thanks in advance!!
Kallen

jaseelye

Reaction score
Hello,

I am the owner of Seelye Engineering (developer of F-Stop Media Gallery) and I would love to help you with your problem. Can you explain to me in more detail what you did when you "organized" your photos? Have you tried rebooting your phone? It sounds like Fish Bowl Gallery might have done something to your photos (not F-Stop) but I am more than happy to help. Alternatively, you can send an e-mail to our support e-mail address ([email protected]) so both me and my partner can help you.

Regards,
Jason Seelye
::: F-Stop Media Gallery :::
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fstopapp
Twitter: https://twitter.com/@fstopandroid

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hello,

I am the owner of Seelye Engineering (developer of F-Stop Media Gallery) and I would love to help you with your problem. Can you explain to me in more detail what you did when you "organized" your photos? Have you tried rebooting your phone? It sounds like Fish Bowl Gallery might have done something to your photos (not F-Stop) but I am more than happy to help. Alternatively, you can send an e-mail to our support e-mail address ([email protected]) so both me and my partner can help you.

Regards,
Jason Seelye
Awesome to see developers in the forum, especially who are willing to help! Thanks for coming to the forum, hope you can help this user... think the rest of us were kind of baffled and have no experience with this app so we didn't respond.

jaseelye

Reaction score
Awesome to see developers in the forum, especially who are willing to help! Thanks for coming to the forum, hope you can help this user... think the rest of us were kind of baffled and have no experience with this app so we didn't respond.

Thanks, acejavelin! I appreciate the warm welcome. :)

Kallen, I have done some research regarding this issue and I think I may have a solution for you. Since I haven't heard what "organization" you did, I checked out the Fish Bowl Gallery app myself. I think you must have put some files in their "locker". This moves your images to another location on your SD card (typically /mnt/sdcard/FishBowlPhoto/.ztmp). They then add a string of numbers at the beginning of the file name and add ".fbi" extension to the end. No gallery app could see them because of the extension change, it was in a hidden folder, and it had a ".nomedia" file in the folder.

I suggest you copy all of these files on to your computer and rename them accordingly. There are many programs that make renaming easy on a computer.

Let me know if that worked for you.

Regards,
Jason Seelye

OP
*kallen

*kallen

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I am going to email you, I just had to try and figure out what I did. What I did was went into fish bowl, selected pictures, selected move to (this is where I created a new folder and named it) and then from there on kept putting pictures in the folders that I designated.. however this because an issue because now the folders nor the pictures show up anywhere.

OP
*kallen

*kallen

Reaction score
Photo Gallery Organizer Problem!?! SOLVED!!!

The developers from F-Stop really helped me out with this one (best part of all, it's not even their app that caused my issue) I will now be deleting Fish Bowl and using F-Stop only!!

Okay here is my solution to this issue I was having:

FishBowlGalley stored my photos on the SD card and changed the names to ".noMedia" and this was hiding the images from my gallery.

Some pictures were still not there, so as suggested, I did a search for the *.jpg and I found all of my lost images!!

I am now, saving all my photos on my SD and backing them all up on my laptop, then backing those up on a Flash Drive ( my photos are very important to me)

I want to say thanks again to Jason, the developer of F-Stop. You are fantastic and I appreciate everything you have done to help me out!! THANK YOU!!

jaseelye

Reaction score
You are very welcome , *kallen! I am so glad I could help. There is nothing worse than the feeling you get when you think you lost irreplaceable photos.

I may be biased but I think you will be very happy with F-Stop Media Gallery :) We work on this full-time and respond to our users very quickly.

Sincerely,
Jason Seelye
Owner of Seelye Engineering
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fstop.photo

acejavelin

Reaction score
Thanks, acejavelin! Let me know if you have any issues or suggestions. Use our support e-mail [email protected].

Sincerely,
Jason Seelye
Will do, might be a few days though... My personal Rez hit the pavement tonight, not a pretty sight, will be Tuesday before a replacement will arrive.

Attachments

• broken screen.jpg
    broken screen.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 292

Abe911

Reaction score
Because of the quick response from Jason and that I wanted to put pictures in a folder or album I purchased the App. I have a question, when I want to look at a picture I can't get a full page, I have a lot of other pictures (tags??) that take up space. I couldn't find in settings how to remove it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

jaseelye

Reaction score
Because of the quick response from Jason and that I wanted to put pictures in a folder or album I purchased the App. I have a question, when I want to look at a picture I can't get a full page, I have a lot of other pictures (tags??) that take up space. I couldn't find in settings how to remove it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Thank you for your purchase, Abe911!

Are you referring to the thumbnail bar in the image viewer mode? If so, the icon to the left of the delete icon in the action bar will toggle the visibility of the thumbnail bar. I attached an image to clarify.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Jason Seelye

Screenshot_2012-10-30-14-35-19.png

jaseelye

Reaction score
Will do, might be a few days though... My personal Rez hit the pavement tonight, not a pretty sight, will be Tuesday before a replacement will arrive.

Oh no! That is terrible. Glad you had insurance.

Abe911

Reaction score
Thank you for your purchase, Abe911!

Are you referring to the thumbnail bar in the image viewer mode? If so, the icon to the left of the delete icon in the action bar will toggle the visibility of the thumbnail bar. I attached an image to clarify.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Jason Seelye

View attachment 57783

Sorry, I found it, please ignore the rest. Thanks

I click on any folder and I get the photos that are in the folder, then I click on the photo I want to see, it takes up 3/4 of the screen, the other 1/4 is all the other photos. I don't have the icons on the bottom that you have. I don't know what the image viewer is unless it is the first screen when touching Fstop.

jaseelye

Reaction score
Sorry, I found it, please ignore the rest. Thanks

I click on any folder and I get the photos that are in the folder, then I click on the photo I want to see, it takes up 3/4 of the screen, the other 1/4 is all the other photos. I don't have the icons on the bottom that you have. I don't know what the image viewer is unless it is the first screen when touching Fstop.

Sorry for the confusion. The first screen you see when you open F-Stop is called the Dashboard. When you select the icon labeled "Folders", that is called the Folder View. After you select a folder you enter Thumbnail View (where you see all the media in your folder). When you select an image, you enter what we call Image Viewer Mode.

It sounds to me like you are in Image Viewer Mode. You see a large version of the image you selected and small images (thumbnails) of the other media in that folder (known as the Thumbnail Bar). They should look similar to the image I attached. To toggle the visibility of the thumbnail bar, select the icon to the left of the delete icon (trash can) in the action bar at the top of the screen. To see the action bar in this mode, you just need to single tap the center image to bring it up.

If this isn't your issue, would you be able to take a screenshot? Also, this might be better solved via e-mail. You can contact me at [email protected]

Regards,
Jason Seelye