[ROM][WIP] Cyanogenmod 11 for G2 VZW

Reginald476

Reaction score
Just wanted to update the thread, I was able to use my Bluetooth speaker without issue on 12/15.

Also it looks like you have the only 4.4 ROM that has a working volume adjustment when you're on a call. Thanks for that. :)

finger11

Reaction score
Just dirty flashed over a build from one of your build a few weeks ago. Couple things I've noticed (fixed by clean flash?)

1. clock does not show up in status bar
2. double tap to shut off screen doesn't work. i've been using nova launcher gesture + screen shut off app in the past, but I turned that off and it doesn't work.

Edit: Touble tapping shuts off if I double tap in the staus bar. how do you get it for the whole home screen?

Also, does CM 11 still not have the wallpaper transparency for the status and nav bar?

Thanks for all your work.

Last edited:

tombepa

Reaction score
Just dirty flashed over a build from one of your build a few weeks ago. Couple things I've noticed (fixed by clean flash?)

1. clock does not show up in status bar
2. double tap to shut off screen doesn't work. i've been using nova launcher gesture + screen shut off app in the past, but I turned that off and it doesn't work. anything else I need to do?

Also, does CM 11 still not have the wallpaper transparency for the status and nav bar?

Thanks for all your work.

Settings---> Interface---> Knock on/off gestures.

Clock shows up fine here. I clean flashed this time. I had one reboot about 5 minutes ago with incoming call. Phone was in my pocket, rang one time, pulled it out, no image on screen, white LED was on, restarted on its own

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Thetaman

Reaction score
The latest build has been great for me. The new Knock On/Off works, get to see the much coveted "Verizon Wireless" instead of preferred network, and I'm able to use Hangouts SMS again. Torch of course doesn't work, but not a big deal to me. I prefer better UI performance. Also, no reboots....yet, lol.

I did notice that the camera still only has 8MP option as the top option.

OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
Dear crackflashers,

a new build is going up as we speak: MD5 (cm-11-20131217-UNOFFICIAL-vs980.zip) = f3fdb6ddb3f876624887e5c80256a930

New Build: App Opps is back fixed reboot when using notification count and location is now a tab in settings. Also synced up with official cm source.

jmileti

Reaction score
Dear crackflashers,

a new build is going up as we speak: MD5 (cm-11-20131217-UNOFFICIAL-vs980.zip) = f3fdb6ddb3f876624887e5c80256a930

New Build: App Opps is back fixed reboot when using notification count and location is now a tab in settings. Also synced up with official cm source.

Anyone having issues with terribly slow download speed for builds.

tombepa

Reaction score
Flashed last night. May just be me but seems even smoother now. Great job

Reginald476

Reaction score
The latest build has been great for me. The new Knock On/Off works, get to see the much coveted "Verizon Wireless" instead of preferred network, and I'm able to use Hangouts SMS again. Torch of course doesn't work, but not a big deal to me. I prefer better UI performance. Also, no reboots....yet, lol.

I did notice that the camera still only has 8MP option as the top option.

The camera that is built with the ROM is 13MP, you have 8MP because of the GApps you used, I have started using Banks Core Gapps, I don't get FC errors on boot and I still have 13MP camera.

Any thoughts about increasing the output volume for the speaker? Not a big deal, as I can take care of it myself but I think it might be beneficial to more people than just me.

Edit etc/mixer_paths.xml changing RX7 Digital Volume to 88?
<path name="speaker">
<ctl name="SLIM RX1 MUX" value="AIF1_PB" />
<ctl name="SLIM_0_RX Channels" value="One" />
<ctl name="RX7 MIX1 INP1" value="RX1" />
<ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="88" />

Last edited:

Thetaman

Reaction score
The camera that is built with the ROM is 13MP, you have 8MP because of the GApps you used, I have started using Banks Core Gapps, I don't get FC errors on boot and I still have 13MP camera.

Any thoughts about increasing the output volume for the speaker? Not a big deal, as I can take care of it myself but I think it might be beneficial to more people than just me.

Edit etc/mixer_paths.xml changing RX7 Digital Volume to 88?

Thanks, I may switch to his core from standard gapps. Hate to flash though as the build I have hasn't had any issues really. Nice job rhcp! :D

jlee08517

Reaction score
do some people sometimes notice the back button not functioning? back to kill works if I hold it down but one little push sometimes doesn't do amything

tombepa

Reaction score

I dirty flashed the Core Gapps and still have only 8mp. Do you have to clean flash to get it?

Thetaman

Reaction score

I dirty flashed the Core Gapps and still have only 8mp. Do you have to clean flash to get it?

My guess is that the ROM includes the 13MP, Standard Gapps includes 8mp and overwrites what the ROM has included. Flashing core gapps probably has nothing for camera. You would have to do a clean flash to get the 13MP then.

Reginald476

Reaction score
My guess is that the ROM includes the 13MP, Standard Gapps includes 8mp and overwrites what the ROM has included. Flashing core gapps probably has nothing for camera. You would have to do a clean flash to get the 13MP then.

You can pull the camera from the ROM using Root Explorer or something like it. Just replace the Camera2.apk with the one from the ROM.