New tb owners!!!

Reaction score
if anyone is concerned with battery life being too short why not get the extended battery? i think it's a 2750 so that'll last the entire day and then some

Kack

Reaction score
I'm in the doghouse. I don't care. I'm typing this on my new Thunderbolt. That's all that matters. So far, feels baggy and hot. I'm assuming it'll be better after a while, once It's done syncing everything. But it feels solid. Carved from a billet. My OG Droid felt this way. My X never did.

youre in the doghouse? im gonna be in the doghouse lol i ordered it and it will be here tomorrow and that is when the wife will know i bought it! :) :icon_ banana: <----- that is me this will be her ------>:icon_evil:

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Stopped by my VZW store on my way into work. I was out the door at 9:15. Sweet looking phone, nice and fast. Finally time to retire my D1. So far I am liking Sense, 10x better than Motoblur.

The D1 doesn't have Motoblur.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

DaveB722

Reaction score
Anyone get their apps to load up, besides paid apps?

Mine didn't, they always did when factory resetting my original droid, but nothing has shown up on the Thunderbolt.

Yeah, I know the Johnboy who the demo phone stated this was an issue at first then they showed up. I unrooted my D1 yesterday and they all downloaded, so not sure why they wouldn't on the TB. The reason I unrooted, is if I lose the phone, i won't have to worry about running a ROM that hasn't been updated in months. Plus I can now give it to my GF's daughter if necessary.

SkullOne

Reaction score
I'm now the very happy owner of a Thunderbolt. My D1 was a great phone but was just too slow nowadays. Especially with the wife on a Dinc. D1 served me faithfully and I will retain it as a backup device. No denying that.

So far very happy with the TB though. I live in the DC Metro area as well so LTE all the way baby! Loving the speed of the phone and the speed of LTE.

Mine started syncing but then the wife called. ;) I then had to go back and click into the remaining apps to get them to download and install. Speed of LTE though is so ridiculous that it was more or less downloaded by the time the screen changed so it went straight to Installing. ;)

I can also happily state I'm not in the doghouse! The wife knew I was upgrading and approved of it because she upgraded a few months back to the Dinc (she drowned her BB). :icon_ banana: dancedroid :icon_ banana:

avoltech

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the earpiece receiveing volume is loud?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Morlince

Reaction score
Picked mine up as soon as the store opened up. Took awhile to activate the sim card and phone though, maybe because so many people were activating at the same time... who knows or just first time so many sims had been activated. I like the included keyboard, sense ui is okay but loading launcherpro on it now. Just waiting 30 min to move all my data from my OG Droid to the new 32 gig microSD. The stand is nice, and got the car dock. Will wait to see whether i get the home dock or not, the stand should be fine for my bedside clock. Oh, has anyone tried to do google video chat on it yet???

been a hour and a half ,,still not activated,,driving me nuts looking at it

I had to make sure my original droid was off, and then restarted the phone several times. On your lock screen is it saying please wait activating sim card?

Morlince

Reaction score

No, mine didnt show any apps that werent paid, and they didnt auto download like it usually does when i apply a new rom on my og droid.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I was impressed that a lot of my settings and all of my apps were loaded before the clerk had even handed me the phone. He was surprised too.

I'm still working on getting the rest transferred over from the D1. I had done MyBackup Pro backups to the sd card last night, but can't locate them to move. I have a feeling getting it configured will be my project for the day.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I came from a Rooted OG Droid with Bugless Beast. I'm a big fan of simplicity so I removed everything except what I needed. The Thunderbolt is jam packed with tons of stuff I'll never use and I don't like being unable to uninstall this stuff. But I promised I wouldn't waste so much time rooting and hacking my way around cuz I believe you can never be happy doing that. lol. I just want a phone that can connect via WiFi (and this has stayed connected to my work's WiFi for over an hour now) and can make calls without the Baseband radio dying randomly.

I love the speed of the Thunderbolt. Even with a 1.2Ghz overclock on the OG Droid, things weren't this smooth. I'm loving the HUGE screen and the lack of a physical keyboard I never used. I'm using all my OG Droid's chargers (car/wall) and I'm really happy so far. This is what I want in a phone.

Now to go home to Los Angeles (I'm in the high desert now) to experience 4G :)

funkyb

Reaction score
Yeah I just got home from picking mine up! The 4G is amazing and the phone is absolutely gorgeous! Huge difference coming from my D1, only downside I have had so far is that it didn't come fully charged! lol I love this phone to death so far and cannot wait for it to finish charging. Got mine for $199.99! $216 out the door!

yea, how did that happen?

Same here. I learned I'm eligible for a $50 business discount so I canceled my wirefly order and drove to a retail store at lunch. So happy!!!

Morlince

Reaction score
Okay, so no htcsense.com on the phone, i wonder if they are going to put it on or say were f'ed. I want to get google talk working with the ffc, gotta figure that out why wouldnt they allow that. Also I'm in 3g not 4g and my speeds seem about the same. It takes forever to move 12 gig of crap from one card to my new one...