New tb owners!!!

rtompkins3

Reaction score
Called the verizon customer support this AM about the free overnight and she said it would show up as a debit of 8.99 on the bill, then a credit of 8.99 for the shipping. (ordered online at 6 AM, and it says it's shipped, but no tracking id).

champaned_out

Reaction score
just came back from the store about 10min ago... bought it for $202 out the door on the 2yr contract :) with my $100 NE2 discount
this thing really is responsive... the verizon rep that was activating my phone even admitted its the fast UI shes ever delt with... and i found it funny that i was showing her how to install the LTE Sim card cause she didnt know where the slot was.. none of the reps at this location had seen the phone or even held it til today..

mytb.jpg

Last edited:

skipfreely

Reaction score
Why was yours 299? Was 249 at my VZW store.

I am currently watching some hoops on ncaa's streaming site GO UNC!

713King

Reaction score
when you go to the store does it come with rebate or its at 249.99?? Also does anyone know of a discount code at checkout if you order online?????

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Not yet...got me curious
Ordered mine online ....says it's already shipped. Opted for the overnight. Phone, extended battery, screen protectors, and car dock....$278 OTD. That's my VZ landline employee discounts applied. Hope to see it tomorrow.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

did it give a tracking number?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I just got an email with a tracking number @11:22 central time. I ordered last night around 2:15am.

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
Called the verizon customer support this AM about the free overnight and she said it would show up as a debit of 8.99 on the bill, then a credit of 8.99 for the shipping. (ordered online at 6 AM, and it says it's shipped, but no tracking id).

yeah I'm still waiting on tracking number also.

Kack

Reaction score

yeah I'm still waiting on tracking number also.
yep mine says shipping just waiting on the tracking number.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Crap. You guys are making me want to go to the Verizon store at lunchtime. But I'm holding out for reviews, especially battery life.

Got mines and charged it half way from 930-1:11PM just went a bit under half and still green. Been using it like crazy and put in most of my twitter/facebook/email accounts too

want a droid

Reaction score
I receivied sales confirmation email at 3:53am EDT last night, still waiting on a tracking number.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

champaned_out

Reaction score
Why was yours 299? Was 249 at my VZW store.

I am currently watching some hoops on ncaa's streaming site GO UNC!
because i live in california :( so for us its

599.99 + tax - the discount = total amount
we get charged anywhere from $55-$60 JUST on taxes alone depending on where you live

srames

Reaction score
picked up a TB in Toledo, Ohio this morning at 9:30am. The store had plenty of phones and there was only one other person in the store with me. In and out of there in about a half hour. My corporate discount only took $5 off the price so my cost was $244.

DaveB722

Reaction score
Got mine around 10:30 am today. They were selling like 4 when I got there, they didn't know how to install the sim card at first. They couldn't even locate the sd card. But anyways, here's my good news and my dilemma so far. I canceled my d1 plan to go 1 year instead of 2 and had to pay a $90.00 etf. I had an early upgrade and would have had to pay an extra $20.00 for it. It was 319.00 for a one year contract, but when he keyed it in, my employer equipment discount took it to 229.00 (Awesome)!!! So it cost me 229.00 + 90.00 ETF - 20.00 not using early upgrade = 299.00 and not having to wait for the next best phone.. ;)
But my dilemma is that it took an hour for it to finally activate the sim card so that I could actually make a call. Once the Sim card activated, it won't access any data unless I'm on wi-fi. I called tech support and they stated the activations are way behind and I should hopefully see something in an hour or so. But overall impression... AWESOME.. just need to get used to sense, as I was rooted (MIUI) for the last 4 months and its like I'm getting a brand new operating system... Well here's hoping for 3G/4G soon...

I'll keep you updated if still is an issue getting my sim card activated.

Can't wait to root it...

Last edited:

lockman

Reaction score
I'm in the doghouse. I don't care. I'm typing this on my new Thunderbolt. That's all that matters. So far, feels baggy and hot. I'm assuming it'll be better after a while, once It's done syncing everything. But it feels solid. Carved from a billet. My OG Droid felt this way. My X never did.

zenman77

Reaction score
Was first in line when Verizon opened their doors here in Toledo, Ohio and am pretty much loving it so far. I too have a concern about battery life but I'll get it fully charged and we'll see what's what. I'm coming from the OG Droid and then the Droid X so I'm not really used to sense yet but already see that I'm liking it better than Moto Blur. I look forward to rooting the daylights out of this thing and taking it to the lab....

jcbsides

Reaction score
Yeah I just got home from picking mine up! The 4G is amazing and the phone is absolutely gorgeous! Huge difference coming from my D1, only downside I have had so far is that it didn't come fully charged! lol I love this phone to death so far and cannot wait for it to finish charging. Got mine for $199.99! $216 out the door!

Lithium batteries are produced and shipped at 40% charge, as that is the proper charge for the longest storage life of the battery without degradation. A 100% charged Li battery loses 20% of its life every year at room temperature, while it only loses 4% per year at 40% charge. Since the battery might have been manufactured months before being installed in the product, all Li batteries are shipped at 40% charge and kept that way in the product until the user fully charges it for the first time.

So should we let it fully discharge before attempting to fully charge it the first time or it doesnt matter?

Bumping this question because I would like to know this to.