Moved from D1 to TB...initial thoughts..

MrKleen

Reaction score
Hi all,

I decided to take the plunge and get the TB after much reading on these forums. Thank you all for your posts and input!

After upgrading to the Bolt from my OG Droid on March 29, these are the things that stick out the most to me, plus and minuses!

• TB takes a LONG time to charge, I would say at least 2 hours to charge from 40% to 100%. Again, have not had TB for that long and have not been through many charge cycles. It just seems that the D1 charged about as fast as my ipod!
  • Call quality, I have told several people that I had a new phone and they said that they noticed my voice was clearer and easier to understand. No coaxing from me, they just noticed something was different!
  • Battery life is definitely less than my D1 but I also realize I am holding a much more powerful and power hungry best in my hand!I would say I am going 6 hrs. before charging at work with moderate use, most of that surfing the web and listening to music on my SD card or FM radio. I realize the TB is new and I am constantly playing with it!
  • Not as heavy or bulky as I thought it would be. Doesn't feel any heavier than my D1, fits the hand perfectly despite it's larger size.
  • Screen is amazing! Big, bright and beautiful!
  • Sound not so amazing. Kind of disappointed with the volume from the onboard speaker and headphone jack. But the quality of the sound is far superior to my D1, just need to turn it up a bit!

• HTC Sense is way cool! A little learning curve from motoblur, but very fast, smooth and very customizable.
Overall I am very happy with my TB and look forward to trading many tips and tricks from everyone! If you are on the fence like I was....Just do it!!!!!

Hmmm my D1 did not have Motoblur. My D1 was a stock Android device. How did you get Blur on your D1?

borq646

Reaction score
The TB is butter.. i have no major complaints really.. Is there a smartphone that needs to be charged once every two days?? i dont think theres a smartphone like that...

Once I calibrated my battery and cycled it a couple times.. its been fine.. 12hrs on a single charge is not bad in my opinion.

Amen. Love this phone.

OP
magicshoes

magicshoes

Reaction score
not blur sorry! mostly didn't like the gallery view, slow and clunky.

52brandon

Reaction score
I also jumped ship from the d1 to TB and couldn't be more impressed. Even at the same speed as my d1, the TB is much smoother and more responsive. And LOVE the 4g. My only issue now is that I can't get rom manager to partition my SD card. Otherwise I'm very happy I made the switch

alboboy10

Reaction score
Battery solution is extend your battery. You'll be on 4g all day heavy use and still have a minimum of 30% after a whole days use. I'm at 100% after two hours of mediocre use on 4g. All the time. Never take off 4g anymore.

My dx was way better than my d1. This one is a lot better than my dx. Imagine how far better than a d1 this phone is.

I domt plan on getting Motorola again in the future. HTC is so much nicer.

MrKleen

Reaction score
"I domt plan on getting Motorola again in the future. HTC is so much nicer."

I have to say I agree. As soon as I got this phone I was amazed how much more I like Sense over Blur. The only Motorola phone worth having is the D1, and that's because of its Rom abilities. I really missed that after I left the D1. But now I have it back and a whole lot more!

kparks

Reaction score
I agree with the earlier comment about wishing to charge my phone while using the stand in landscape mode. I would probably preferred the location they used for the eris. Also, for us D1 users notice how the charging port is the same on the TB as it was on the D1, i was kinda hoping for a mini usb like other phones. oh well. Overall, I love this phone.

Also, any dev's reading this it would be awesome to make the SRS effect work for voice calls, youTube, etc.
I have a feeling thy did that to sell more desk and car docks HTC trying to pull a fast one lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

borq646

Reaction score
I agree with the earlier comment about wishing to charge my phone while using the stand in landscape mode. I would probably preferred the location they used for the eris. Also, for us D1 users notice how the charging port is the same on the TB as it was on the D1, i was kinda hoping for a mini usb like other phones. oh well. Overall, I love this phone.

Also, any dev's reading this it would be awesome to make the SRS effect work for voice calls, youTube, etc.
I have a feeling thy did that to sell more desk and car docks HTC trying to pull a fast one lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I thought the standard was finally chosen industry wide to be micro usb actually.