TB Build Quality

dieselpowered

Reaction score
For those who have the TB, I am interested in the build quality of the TB. Thought I read it was made from a single piece of aluminum, is that the case? I am just hoping it has a nicer, more stout build than the incredible.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rajuabju

Reaction score
I think the build quality is excellent. It seems to be very sturdy, yet not too heavy.

The one complaint I have about the build is the back a bit slippery, IMO. For such a large phone, would be nice to have some sort of gripping ability instead of being such a smooth finish.

Aerogriff

Reaction score
I agree with the above person. The phone feels excellent, although I have a case on mine so I can't comment on the back being slick. I like the feel of it, a little smaller than my previous X, and not too heavy at all.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Excellent news, I will likely have a case n mine so the finish is not too much of a concern for me. Thanks for the responses.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rajuabju

Reaction score
Yea, I shoulda added that I'll be getting a case too. Just havent decided on what!

jawa6969

Reaction score
Felts solid but slippery without a case around it. Got my Siedio case (and extended battery) today and with the case on, it feels awesome.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Felts solid but slippery without a case around it. Got my Siedio case (and extended battery) today and with the case on, it feels awesome.

That Seidio looks awesome. It looks like what I imagine Batman's costume is made out of. :)

Shelooga

Reaction score

That Seidio looks awesome. It looks like what I imagine Batman's costume is made out of. :)

hahahahaha i havent even seen it, but i can now picture it

i actually think for brushed aluminum its pretty grippy. im riding naked now bc im waiting for one of those center isle stands clear plastic covers. theyre slim and look great. i hate rubber on my phone, and im a baggy jeans guy too!

SquintyOS

Reaction score
The Tbolt is just as good as my OG Droid and Incredible's back plate. Sturdy like both and has the backing like the Incredible. mine has a silicon back so it has that rubbery feeling of the Moto Droid. Long live the Thunderbolt!!!!