Why HTC TB?

Rotas

Reaction score
I know there are probably a million threads about this, but....

I have an upgrade, and will more than likely be pre-ordering the TB tomorrow.
I am curious though, what is attracting everybody to the TB?

From what I am reading, its pretty much the EVO, or I even read its just a bigger incredible.
So what makes it stand out of the crowd?
I mean, why choose this phone over the Bionic or Droid X?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know there are probably a million threads about this, but....

I have an upgrade, and will more than likely be pre-ordering the TB tomorrow.
I am curious though, what is attracting everybody to the TB?

From what I am reading, its pretty much the EVO, or I even read its just a bigger incredible.
So what makes it stand out of the crowd?
I mean, why choose this phone over the Bionic or Droid X?
LTE... its the first VZ phone device that supports it.

OP
Rotas

Rotas

Reaction score
Is that it?
What about the Bionic, it won't be the first but it will support it.

Reaction score
And the Bionic will be dual-core.

I think alot of people are going for the TBolt because it will likely be easier to root/rom. (Citing Motorola's locked bootliaders as of late)

I have to wait til November, so I get to see how things pan out.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

StinkyPete

Reaction score
#Stealthgriffin
Hello to a fellow UPSer....

On subject.... I think it is really a timing thing. First 4G out of the gate. A few others will be out when the Bionic comes out that we can compare that too. Until then, there is really only one out there (soon enough) and that is the TB.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Droid-Bionic-vs-HTC-Thunderbolt.jpg

If you want to root your phone and want a phone with in the next few weeks or so get the Thunderbolt. The Bionic is faster with 512MB DDR2 which makes it twice as fast. The Thunderbolt is just 768MB of Ram has a better front Facing Camera then the Bionic. Both are good phones it all depends on you..A lot of people that can not wait are jumping on the TB. I am waiting on the Bionic because Dual Core and Quad Core is the Future.. HTC will have a Dual Core By 4th Q.. If You go with TB get a 1 year contract because it will be outdated by the 3rd Q of this year. Up to you!!!

OP
Rotas

Rotas

Reaction score
I thought that Verizon was done with the one year contracts? (Or something like that)

The TB should be the same price from bestbuy, and from what I understand they have the buy back thing which would let me upgrade if I wanted the bionic when it comes out, right?

I've heard people saying the bionic is twice as fast, and then I have heard that the TB beat the bionic in benchmark tests, and that the dual core isn't going to make much of a difference for a little while now, until everything adapts I just dunno, lol

A phone now-a-days is a big investment, I want to make sure I am getting the most for my money.
At the same time, I am dieing to upgrade my phone.

Seeing as this will be my first android phone, I don't know if I am going to want/get into modding it, so it being locked/etc isn't a HUGE concern, but its always nice to have the option.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I thought that Verizon was done with the one year contracts? (Or something like that)

The TB should be the same price from bestbuy, and from what I understand they have the buy back thing which would let me upgrade if I wanted the bionic when it comes out, right?

I've heard people saying the bionic is twice as fast, and then I have heard that the TB beat the bionic in benchmark tests, and that the dual core isn't going to make much of a difference for a little while now, until everything adapts I just dunno, lol

A phone now-a-days is a big investment, I want to make sure I am getting the most for my money.

Seeing as this will be my first android phone, I don't know if I am going to want/get into modding it, so it being locked/etc isn't a HUGE concern, but its always nice to have the option.

The Bionic is not finished and the Benchmark for the Bionic was not set for Dual core so you can not go by the Benchmark scores until the phone is finished. TB put up good numbers. When the the Bionic is complete I want to see them run it again to see the score then.

OP
Rotas

Rotas

Reaction score

The Bionic is not finished and the Benchmark for the Bionic was not set for Dual core so you can not go by the Benchmark scores until the phone is finished. TB put up good numbers. When the the Bionic is complete I want to see them run it again to see the score then.

Thats what I was thinking, didn't know if what they ran was done or not though.
Only way to know for sure is wait for it to come out.

I think for now getting the TB would be okay, and just make sure I will be able to upgrade before 2 years time, just incase.
Wondering if this buyback program is actually worth it though.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, Bionic comes out in Junish territory. The TB comes out tomorrow. My answer before gave the advantage to the Tb...."What about the Bionic, it won't be the first but it will support it." Not sure what your saying here. Yes, bionic will support 4g. If that's your question. I know you want a good device but your speaking as if their both coming out soon. Id wait 4months for Bionic but if you dont want to wait then go for the TB. Another thing in this is TB may have better ram in numbers but Bionic has DDR2. TB will probably be hacked more than Bionic, but im sure bionic will be hacked lots as well.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Lol, Bionic comes out in Junish territory. The TB comes out tomorrow. My answer before gave the advantage to the Tb...."What about the Bionic, it won't be the first but it will support it." Not sure what your saying here. Yes, bionic will support 4g. If that's your question. I know you want a good device but your speaking as if their both coming out soon. Id wait 4months for Bionic but if you dont want to wait then go for the TB. Another thing in this is TB may have better ram in numbers but Bionic has DDR2. TB will probably be hacked more than Bionic, but im sure bionic will be hacked lots as well.

TB got pushed back because of the Iphone 4 release. So it will not come out until the end of the month or March.

OP
Rotas

Rotas

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but as I said I am new to all this.

The TB is going to have the latest version of android, right?
Gingerbread or w/e, 2.3

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am going with the thunderbolt because it doesn't have Motorola's locked bootloader. There is a lot the devs can do but their hands are tied a bit.

The T-Bolt has lots of ram, and did you see how fast it boots up in the video!

I am also interested in giving Sense a try instead of Blur.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

TB got pushed back because of the Iphone 4 release. So it will not come out until the end of the month or March.
This is not fact. Its speculation with 0 proof. Although the reasoning is good, evidence is needed for fact. I still lean towards the original release date. Though if it was pushed back it wouldnt be a shocker.