Can someon compare the TB to the OG for me?

DroidStang

Reaction score
The sound?....tell you, it is plenty loud...turn it up in your cube and see how the ringer sounds on a call, then I showed someone that damn you tube clip someone with that slight over weight dude was fdancing to on the battery thread...my hump my hump lmao...and the sound almost blew me out the room, christ could not turn down quick enough, so guess depends how the clip/file is compiled with the mhz's quality.

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I guess the ratings don't really materr...

what I am getting at is are do you have regrets using your upgrade for the TB?

Also, audio is VERY important to me as I make music and enjoy hearing it in the car via bluetooth audio.

I played with one for 5 mins in a bestbuy store and was blow away by the camera, seemed VERY nice compared to the OG. That's a very nice plus.

On the external speaker issue, can the kickstand be removed and have holes drilled in it to allow sound out?

tu3218

Reaction score
I came from a OG rooted droid, and don't regret buying the TB at all. Its extremely fast and to me beats the droid in everything except maybe external speaker and the LED.

gerg004

Reaction score
I was willing to stick it out and wait for the Bionic but I figured Motoblur would be all over that beast and I personally don't like it. I actually went to the Verizon Store the day the Thunderbolt was released and bought it. I really thought I would keep holding off for something amazing since my OG was rooted and all, but the Tbolt made me see things that I didn't dream possible and unfortunately my rooted OG Droid could not do or emulate :( but truthfully speaking, the Tbolt has stolen my heart and do not regret leaving my OG as it's backup. This bad boy is blazing fast, I thought I would miss the physical keyboard and I don't. I haven't rooted it yet since it's pretty sick in it's stock form. This of course is my personal experience with the matter at hand. If you gained something from it, great, if not, great. You'll just have to find someone with a Tbolt and give it a test run or go down to the store and try it out. My overall rating is a 9. The battery isn't all that great but it isn't awful either.

^THIS. 99% agree, after a few tweaks in the settings the battery is great.

Loved my rooted OG that was pushed to the max. Loved every last thing about it...told myself a thousand times between the announcement of the TB to March 22nd I WOULD NOT BUY THE THUNDERBOLT. Being addicted to technology the way I am I bought one on March 22nd. Best decision I ever made :)

ionide

Reaction score
Simple. a Droid is a real Droid. Thunderbolt is an Android phone made by HTC.

If it doesn't say Motororla, it ain't a Droid. ;)
What about the Droid Eris by HTC?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

mitchb2

Reaction score
If the screen resolution is a 6 to you on the Droid you'll be extremely dissappointed on the Thunderbolt..

Lol! I hope you're joking!
This screen is razor sharp. I'm not going to make it my second job to placate the OP, which is what he wants, but the screen its great.

OP, D1 is ghetto compared to this. and the idiotic slide out keyboard is why we never got a good case.

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Ok, so next question.

I don't live in a 4g area yet. It's scheduled "by the end of the year".

What's my incentive to upgrade to the TB if 4g is not available....

Lock in 4g unlimited plan?

The OS is older than what I'm running now 2.33 (GPA14).

So what do I get different really?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
you get a different phone that is new

Super fast phone (super doesn't even describe how much faster this phone is vs a rooted OG overclocked to 1.2GHz

2.5-2.6GB or user storage space vs the OG 274MB

Talk and surf the web/download apps simultaneously over 3G (the only CDMA phone that can do it)

HTC Sense UI (has convinced me to leave Launcher Pro Plus and ADW EX behind)

Bigger screen (as I said before, the resolution is fine)

Much better camera (have no problem at all taking pics with this bad boy)

Front facing camera

The first reason along is enough by itself based on my experience. The whole HTC Sense experience is something like no other, you have the ability to personalize the phone to your liking without being bombarded with too much stuff.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was my OG freezing when I ended calls, forcing me to pull the battery. Also the delay it took for me just to access the phone app to make a call, utterly ridiculous.

If that doesn't do it for you, then I think the only thing that will work is your phone kicking the bucket, lol.

Last edited:

eppey1

Reaction score
You wrote:
Call quality 8
Handset earpiece volume 7
Bluetooth audio quality 8
Bluetooth audio volume 7
Screen resolution 8
Still picture quality 4
video quality 6
Soft KB accuracy 6