New MOTOROLA ATRIX Promo

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
There may be a way to shut the fingerprint deal off. Or maybe someone will make an app that does.

sb1831

Reaction score
A locked, encrypted and booby-trapped bootloader.

-Mike

Don't Like it don't buy it.

Stop crying about the bootloader, we all know Motorola encrypts it, so to constantly bring it up is ridiculous.

THIS. With this laptop dock, it really isn't going to say much for the security of the OS if this phone isn't locked down in every way possible.

The fingerprint recognition is cool but its in the stupidest place conceivable. Who is going to want to place their finger on the top of their phone (in portrait mode) or on the left side of their phone? wouldnt bottom dead center be a better option or at least some place on the bottom where its not awkward?

Perhaps the fingerprint reader won't be used to unlock the phone but rather as an enhanced security feature to ensure the safety of your files when you're docking it? Imagine what a disaster it would be if you were one of those individuals that pays their bills online, corporate email, etc and all someone has to do is get your phone and plug it into the back of a 200$(guess? who know really) dock and get all of your information.

wierdo124

Reaction score
what's that motorola desktop client deal? I do want. I'd love that on my Droid.

the3dolla

Reaction score
Yea, pretty annoying that it's on AT&T. Verizon would have done better to get this instead of the iPhone if they had to choose. UGHHHHHHH, why no Atrix on Verizon, why!!! If the Bionic comes out and I get that, I'll just feel that I'm getting the "worse one"..

UNC

Reaction score
Yea, pretty annoying that it's on AT&T. Verizon would have done better to get this instead of the iPhone if they had to choose. UGHHHHHHH, why no Atrix on Verizon, why!!! If the Bionic comes out and I get that, I'll just feel that I'm getting the "worse one"..

Verizon definitely would not have done better getting this over iPhone....

Verizon has the strongest lineup of Android phones to date, yet AT&T has the most smartphone users... Want to know why?
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
^In that case.....it woulda been win/win for Verizon to get the Atrix too...lol

Now this I can't argue with, but saying the Atrix is more important than the iPhone is ignoring the facts.

rcjames

Reaction score
All you idiotic people why be so harsh about motorola? There doing something that is very awesome. I would love to convert my phone to a laptop and watch my video I have on my phone. This so what it is for atrix. It still a motorola product and they will bring it to other phone because this is what I call inovation and for god sake that look sick. You all that have negative mind are really not thinking out of the box. Open you're mind let see and hope it come to verizon what ever phone is good and become compatible with that I will buy.

Open you're mind let hope it comes to verizon. dancedroid

rcjames

Reaction score
By the way I can see my geeky side get crazy on this thing moding and doing what you can do on a laptop ofcourse a little bit less since smartphone is not entire a full blown laptop.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
All you idiotic people why be so harsh about motorola? There doing something that is very awesome. I would love to convert my phone to a laptop and watch my video I have on my phone. This so what it is for atrix. It still a motorola product and they will bring it to other phone because this is what I call inovation and for god sake that look sick. You all that have negative mind are really not thinking out of the box. Open you're mind let see and hope it come to verizon what ever phone is good and become compatible with that I will buy.

Open you're mind let hope it comes to verizon. dancedroid

Jesus, I hurt my brain trying to make sense of that.

fastlane1000

Reaction score
This phone is it!. The phone to have in my book. Sure at&t has sold more Iphones than Verizon has Droids but they had a couple years head start too. Its simple, they made a deal to get the Iphone and in return gave up the top Android device. I'm with the3dolla. Who wants the greatest 2nd best phone? dual core phones are for the hard core enthusiast or the business guy. I'll keep my droid 1 for now. It plays need for speed pretty well at 1.1ghz. I'm ok with a locked bootloader on the atrix too. I would be happy with the atrix for quite a while stock. Verizon can keep their $249 Thunderbolt and Bionic with no mail in rebate. Eventually our contracts will be up. I can port my number with Google Voice and go where I want.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i really want this phone now. for a long time i've though a smartphone that could double as a laptop would be really nice. i've also been thinking for a while they should have fingerprint scanners.
with the dual core and 1 gb ram its a very tempting phone. hopefully verizon will get a phone like this around january of next year (when my contract is up) (and i mean one with the webtop or whatever its called)
this phone coming to verizon could have prevented me from going to the iphone which i'm very temped to do.

Mojo

Reaction score
I just got back from a VZW conference and had some time to speak with some Moto guys that was being show cased at this show.. I talked to them about the Atrix coming to VZW.. they said that ATT has a shot exclusive on this device and then it would be availble on "other" carriers.. VZW being one of them... So no we will not get to see this device at launch if you are on VZW.. but we will see it.. this year ;) BTW I also got to see the Bionic in person and got some hands on time with it.. And got to see some slide shows on the Droid X 2 (it is being called the X2) as well as the droid 3.