New MOTOROLA ATRIX Promo

Reaction score
What's the comparable VZ product?

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm the features are pretty neat but that video was kinda cheesy lmao.

him

Reaction score
Dammit may be time to switch carriers...hope the bionic has the same video capabilites.

As far as it being a motorola product...i think their android offerings have been first class...

Droid
Droid 2
Droid X
Now atrix and bionic. Hell whats not to like.

brando56894

Reaction score
The fingerprint recognition is cool but its in the stupidest place conceivable. Who is going to want to place their finger on the top of their phone (in portrait mode) or on the left side of their phone? wouldnt bottom dead center be a better option or at least some place on the bottom where its not awkward?

him

Reaction score
The fingerprint recognition is cool but its in the stupidest place conceivable. Who is going to want to place their finger on the top of their phone (in portrait mode) or on the left side of their phone? wouldnt bottom dead center be a better option or at least some place on the bottom where its not awkward?

So where is the power button on your droid? Top and to the left/right? On the droid x its top and dead center.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Dammit may be time to switch carriers...hope the bionic has the same video capabilites.

As far as it being a motorola product...i think their android offerings have been first class...

Droid
Droid 2
Droid X
Now atrix and bionic. Hell whats not to like.

A locked, encrypted and booby-trapped bootloader.

-Mike

UNC

Reaction score
Stop crying about the bootloader, we all know Motorola encrypts it, so to constantly bring it up is ridiculous.

brando56894

Reaction score

So where is the power button on your droid? Top and to the left/right? On the droid x its top and dead center.

Its to the right, and I see your point, but that's a button that can be hit with anything (side of the finger, tooth, you name it). This is only for fingerprints, so you think it would be logical to put it in an ergonomic position.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
If it can be done it can be undone thus eventually someone will crack the bootloader. That's my biggest concern about getting another phone. I love my D1 I just wish it had more internal storage space. Since a new Android phone is released every f***ing hour the ATRIX phone will be out of date by next week. Android was cool when it only had a few devices to worry about but now the OS has to support so many different hardware platforms and features that it's liable to become clunky and kludgey like Microsoft Windows. I've played with the iPhone and while I don't care for it overall one thing I noticed is the consistency and cohesiveness of the UI since it's designed solely for one piece of hardware. I've played with lots of Android phones and between UI lag, force closes, and hardware lockups it's just not quite as good as it should be. The software and hardware is evolving too fast to maintain any level of efficiency.

Is Motorola really claiming that this is the first dual-core smartphone, or are they just saying it's their (Motorola's) first dual-core smartphone. I thought LG had the first dual-core. Heck, LG already has plans to release a quad-core. I just want a phone that works like it's supposed to without being all buggy and slow and without the battery being drained like a watered-down milkshake. :cus:

him

Reaction score
Stop crying about the bootloader, we all know Motorola encrypts it, so to constantly bring it up is ridiculous.

+1 don't call it crying but valid concerns. However that hasn't stopped anything development wise the folks at xda a brilliant and have been able to resolve that for everyone so don't think its an issue.

As for the finger print thing I figure it will be used for unlocking your device instead of a pass code so it would make sense to have it where the power button is vs having it in the way of a Button that will get used more often

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk