Motorola Atrix Release Date Bumped to 2/22

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
atrix-launch-22.png

We've just been tipped off that the release date for the Motorola Atrix has now been set to February 22nd, 2010. Almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule, this will surely make AT&T users jump up and down. Hopefully we'll get the same news for the Droid Bionic in the coming month.

dancedroid

For more information on the Atrix, be sure to check out our sister site @ Motorola Atrix Forum - Atrix Forum

Thanks Jeremy, (*CONFIRMED* Atrix 2/22/11 by AT&T)

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
Nice. MWAHAHAHA Now all the Atrix accessories will take all your money and lock you in bloatage (?)!

I'm clever, yes?

lakas187

Reaction score
Att's HSPA+ sucks, same thing as their 3G. This also goes for tmo. I tested both networks over the weekend..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

merpaderp

Reaction score
We've just been tipped off that the release date for the Motorola Atrix has now been set to February 22nd, 2010. Almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule, this will surely make AT&T users jump up and down. Hopefully we'll get the same news for the Droid Bionic in the coming month.

dancedroid

For more information on the Atrix, be sure to check out our sister site @ Motorola Atrix Forum - Atrix Forum

Thanks Jeremy, (*CONFIRMED* Atrix 2/22/11 by AT&T)
"Great Scott!"

Is this AT&T's way of responding to the VZW iPhone and Thunderbolt?

creaky

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if there are any PMU issues as was rumored. If this launches successfully, I'm locked into the Bionic.

Now let's go Moto/Verizon - get the Bionic out!

Effington

Reaction score
At least they announced a launch date - getting it earlier is just icing on the cake. Thunderbolt still has yet to be announced officially and this entire forum was all but convinced it would be in their hands by Feb 14.

If you're not in a Verizon LTE area at launch or expect to get it shortly after, you're better off going with the Atrix until the 4G wars figure themselves out.

Captmilk

Reaction score
Atrix

To bad its being released on such a lame network....that's like giving a light saber to a baby.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Banned Spammer said:
A SIM free phone strategy is a smart thing to do for service provider companies such as AT&T. I think this will be the trend starting today. On the downside, consumers will suffer as they will be having no alternative if they opt to another network. Truly one of a kind, where else can you find a smartphone that can be transformed into laptop or desktop in an instant.

Although that does have a certain appeal, it will be a very low powered laptop or desktop, having less capability than any netbook. I consider that aspect of the Atrix more of a toy than a tool, more like the tablets. Yes, I have a NOOKcolor and like it, but it and other tablets are toys. So is the attaching laptop of the Atrix. Someday smartphones will have the power and apps to match a real netbook or laptop, but that time is not now.

Last edited by a moderator: