[New!]D1-MIUI-1.1.28.0

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Back to 1.22.1, can't stand the denim look & not enough other beni's. Hopefully the frame work will allow theme devs back in.

D1 MIUI 1.22.1 p3LV125-1250 w/SetCPU using Mr_DSL's BlissSuaveHD v7

***Thank You JAMZELLE***

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Came back for a peak, thought man it would be nice if there was Android style icon and theme, someone must have read my mind.
Good work.

leutbneot

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this?

I love me some MIUI. I love that it makes the Droid feel like a completely new phone. I love the speed, especially with that low-power 1.2 GHz Chevy kernel. I love the interface. In short, I really like everything about it (I'm running 1.22, I started before with a previous version and it was buggy as hell and scared me off for a month or two, but 1.22 is rock solid).

Still, I do sometime miss the classic Droid feel that I get with LauncherPro. Obviously you can't flash two ROMs at once, but that Chevy kernel works really well running LauncherPro, so what I did when I reflashed MIUI this time (I admit it was by accident, it just downloaded itself from the market, but I'm still taking credit for it) was keep both the MIUI Launcher, set it up all nice and get it working the way I want, then press the home key without having set the MIUI Launcher as my default. I can then switch instantly over to LauncherPro and it's like having two phones in one.

I realize that I'm still running MIUI with a LauncherPro "skin" on it, but damned if I can tell the difference most of the time. All the cool LauncherPro widgets and features (resizing widgets on demand should be mandatory for EVERY Android Launcher from here on out, btw) are still there, and if I ever hit a snag with MIUI, I can usually get around it by switching to LauncherPro and continuing my work. Of course, I debug when I get home to fix the problem, but if you need a phone number or email RIGHT NOW and MIUI is doing some crazy Chinese ****, you need a second option. This is definitely the best one I've found so far. I recommend it very highly if you're already running MIUI, especially 1.22, which I can confirm works very well.

Now I've got two wholly different OS's on my phone and it costs me almost nothing in space because all the apps and system data are shared between MIUI and LauncherPro's version of MIUI.

If anyone can think of a catastrophic reason why this is a bad idea, please tell me... don't wanna brick the D1. This thing is rapidly becoming a phone classic like the StarTac and iPhone before it. It's so customizable, I just love it. They released it before they really realized the full implications of releasing a totally unlocked Linux computer phone to the hacker community and have been regretting it ever since with all that preinstalled Bing crap, but my D1 is still solid.

/end rant, sorry for the length - I just got finished with both my MIUI Launcher and my LauncherPro Launcher and they look and perform AMAZINGLY, so I'm pretty stoked. I can post screenshots if anyone cares, just let me know. Oh, and MIUI team, you guys are my friggin' heroes.

Reaction score
Now I've got two wholly different OS's on my phone

No, you don't. Running LauncherPro is... just running another app. It just happens to be another launcher. It's not another OS nor even another ROM.

all the apps and system data are shared between MIUI and LauncherPro's version of MIUI

That's because it's all the same MIUI ROM. There's no LauncherPro "version" of MIUI; it's all just MIUI.

You could download and install ADW Launcher, LauncherPro, GDE, Zeam, and Go launcher and set them all up and have your phone ask you which one you wanted to run whenever you hit the home button.

Lots of people run LauncherPro instead of the stock launcher. Many people run Chevy's kernel, or slayher's, or p3, or something else too. It's not any big deal, really.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I have been a loyal UD user for a year now. I wanted to try another rom and found this one. I have to say this is a nice change. I was getting market download problems and reflashed the rom which fix that.
The only other issue i have found is the stock message app is 5 hours off the real time. I downloaded handset and that works only i dont know how to disable the stock app. So when i get a text of course i get one from each. Any fix to this issue?

Yes, you can fix the time issue by going into settings, mms settings, advanced, and turn off sort by date.
Now to turn off one or the other mms apps go to settings, default program settings in there you should be able to pick which one you wanna use that should stop the duel notifications

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Thanks for the heads up on this. I have noticed that the google maps will not log me into Latitude....any help on this?

Reaction score
Really not liking how locked down miui 1.28 is appearing to react with themes. Bliss suave was able to colorize/touch everything. Theme manager won't even recognize the file. tried bn'b and iphone with the same results.

Hopefully it's not locked down, and the themers can tweak it.

Alright I'm off my soap box.

D1 MIUI 1.28 p3LV125-1250 w/SetCPU

***Thank You JAMZELLE***

Seriously what is the deal with this? My theme wont even take on the dialpad anymore or boots. I really hope this gets addressed on the next build! back to 1.22

topdogg

Reaction score
Really not liking how locked down miui 1.28 is appearing to react with themes. Bliss suave was able to colorize/touch everything. Theme manager won't even recognize the file. tried bn'b and iphone with the same results.

***Thank You JAMZELLE***

Seriously what is the deal with this? My theme wont even take on the dialpad anymore or boots. I really hope this gets addressed on the next build! back to 1.22

What theme are you trying to use? Themes need to be updated to work with 1.1.28, that's probably why some stuff is not getting themed properly or at all. I think Tp4bama's is the only that was updated for 1.1.28

arpitbull

Reaction score

***Thank You JAMZELLE***

What theme are you trying to use? Themes need to be updated to work with 1.1.28, that's probably why some stuff is not getting themed properly or at all. I think Tp4bama's is the only that was updated for 1.1.28

My evolution theme is updated...has been since 3 hours after 1.28 was released.!!!

Vikam

Reaction score
Has Anyone tried to install the Yahoo Mail App from the market, when i do it my phone keeps rebooting itself before it gets installed?

mysticdroid

Reaction score
i'm not sure if i'm going to update to 1.28 right now phone calls and texts are getting through and i can't seem to get things to multi-task. when if i open facebook, twidroyd, the browser, etc.; dog catcher or the media player closes in 1.22.1. I think i'm going to switch back to cyanogen.

Last edited:

kevin1016

Reaction score

crackedvenom

Reaction score
im pretty keen on project elites smooth and responsiveness. im going to give this version a shot though.

dja1980

Reaction score
Are you guys having the issue where your device doesn't show up on the new Web Market? I am... just trying to figure out if it's MIUI or the fact that GAFYD is my primary account. See...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/121896-breaking-android-market-web-just-released.html

AND

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ed-android-market-may-ignore-custom-roms.html
I flashed 1.28 last night and it took about 20 minutes for my Droid to show up.
I'm on still on 1.22... so it might be that, or it might be a GAFYD conflict. Either way, it's good to know that MIUI isn't the issue.