new bionic ics update 6.7.230

gordz24

Reaction score
Guys i finally got it installed after using recovery and not RSD lol.. Oh well, i guess I gotta learn sometime.. do i need to clean caches or anything? all my apps and data are still on it, with ICS of course. But iduno...

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I always recommend wiping the cache after a manual update in recovery but that's just me.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Cant remember how to post a screenshot.
I want to show off this great battery life!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hold power and volume down for 3-4 seconds. :)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As compared to what? It's ICS, so, that's the big difference from 905. But in comparison to the previous ICS builds, this one has a bunch of bug fixes and is generally higher quality. At least for a lot of us. Webtop is working, kernel has been updated. Seems rather stable to me.

south2087

Reaction score
That's the answer I was looking for, thanks, about to put in on now. Thanks

Aristont

Reaction score
I am up and running in ICS! Thank you to everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, for your help.

ICS is a definite step up, especially aesthetically. I have a few observations:

1) You cannot choose which camera you access from the lock screen. It goes to the ICS camera, which is still terrible for the Bionic. The white balance on the bionic has always given everything a strong blue-ish tinge, and it still does. I don't know why we didn't get any white balance controls for our version of the ICS camera. I use the Zoom camera, which adds that control and produces much better colors. Unfortunately, even with it set as my default camera, it is not accessible from the lock screen.

2) I do not like the new text message format. I really liked the former GB format, but now it is cluttered with photos on every text line, which is redundant and ugly. Oh well, I guess I can live with it.

3) I still have root! I used motofail to root when I was on GB, and used Voodoo to unroot. I upgraded and then re-rooted with Voodoo. Voila! It worked!

4) I am clocked at 1.0 Ghz still. I didn't try any of the prior ICS releases, but I am on Rev3, if anyone cares. Still, I have always been happy with the performance of this phone, and it remains snappy in ICS.

So far, I am very happy with everything else.

south2087

Reaction score
OK, I'm not able to load, its giving me the installation abort? I unzipped the file, copied the update to SD and went through the steps?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just a note to those using my script, I've added some new functionality to it to push the updates to your phone if you supply them in an updates folder in your 902 FXZ folder.

@south2087 you need to provide some more info please. What steps, exact error message, etc would help us to help you.