new bionic ics update 6.7.230

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Post the MD5 checksum of that file so we can verify it. Something isn't right.

JonnyDoIt

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Just a note to those using my script, I've added some new functionality to it to push the updates to your phone if you supply them in an updates folder in your 902 FXZ folder.

SamuriHL: I've read through this thread and a few more of yours but I'm hoping you can point me to a simpler how-to (I know, but this is so above my pay grade) for the following.

I flashed .2233 through recovery (I think...I followed an idiot-proof YouTube video on how-to). I understand that I need to go back to .902 then up to .905 before I flash .230- ...but, it's going back to .902 that confuses me. I read your how-to post on this, but it SEEMED as if you mentioned steps for a few different scenarios. Based on my current setup, can you point me to a good thread that can walk me thru this?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
SamuriHL: I've read through this thread and a few more of yours but I'm hoping you can point me to a simpler how-to (I know, but this is so above my pay grade) for the following.

I flashed .2233 through recovery (I think...I followed an idiot-proof YouTube video on how-to). I understand that I need to go back to .902 then up to .905 before I flash .230- ...but, it's going back to .902 that confuses me. I read your how-to post on this, but it SEEMED as if you mentioned steps for a few different scenarios. Based on my current setup, can you point me to a good thread that can walk me thru this?

Follow my thread. It will take care of it for you. It's as simple as I can make it. The setup is a pain but once it's set up, you're good.

ChiCubs05

Reaction score
When attempting to install SafeStrap 2.0 I'm getting a parse error. Using a rooted stock 905 with no prior modifications, any insight? Also...when the OTA comes out can i toggle to my unsafe system and OTA update? Thanks!

Planning to use 230 following this guide, still the way to go I assume. http://www.droidhive.com/forums/ind...omrestore-instructions-for-droid-bionic-6612/

EDIT: I think I've managed to confuse myself quite nicely. It appears that getting to ICS is as simple as copying to the ext sd booting into recovery and installing. Is it still possible to use safestrap to switch between ICS 230 and my stock 905 or am I misguided by the definition of a ROM. I've read myself silly today, will get at it again tomorrow.

Last edited:

nri1998

Reaction score
I upgraded my phone from leaked 5.9.905 to leaked ICS 6.7.230. Installation was successful but the data drops are too much. Also, the emails do not load as usual and even if it did, I don't see the actual message when I open them. So, I flashed the phone back to 5.9.902 and then did the official OTA update to 5.9.905. Now I am on the official OTA path with 5.9.905, waiting for the official ICS version that works. I just don't know why the data connection was so horrible on ICS 6.7.230. Many folks here reported solid connections. Was I not supposed to upgrade from leaked 5.9.905? Any suggestions?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
So I recently got this leak installed thanks to everyone on here. Anyways I'm seeing people talking about wiping the cache? Is that wiping the cache partition in recovery? Was afraid to do it before I asked. Thanks.

welsalex

Reaction score
I upgraded my phone from leaked 5.9.905 to leaked ICS 6.7.230. Installation was successful but the data drops are too much. Also, the emails do not load as usual and even if it did, I don't see the actual message when I open them. So, I flashed the phone back to 5.9.902 and then did the official OTA update to 5.9.905. Now I am on the official OTA path with 5.9.905, waiting for the official ICS version that works. I just don't know why the data connection was so horrible on ICS 6.7.230. Many folks here reported solid connections. Was I not supposed to upgrade from leaked 5.9.905? Any suggestions?

As far as I understand it, "Leaked" 905 and "Official OTA" 905 are exactly the same right down to the CRC Checksum. It's been next to impossible to nail down the reasons as to why one persons phone on whatever version (905 or ICS leaks, not earlier ones obviously they had even older radio firmware) drops data while another person with the exact same version (and having gotten to that version the same exact way as the previous) has almost no data problems (or zero).

Basically issues with any radio firmware, verizons network (maintenance, downtime), 4G LTE not being a fully complete standard, registration issues between devices and towers, location, network congestion, the "throttling" issue with high traffic areas, blah blah blah blah blah........ And a bunch more I didn't state... It all adds up to data connections on phones, bionic etc, being a complicated and unstable situation.

Just think about it... I had AOL dial-up back in the day and it was AMAZING to get a "56.6 kbps" connection over the phone lines yet everyone complained how it couldn't always maintain top speed. NOW we are getting megabits through radio frequencies using a device that fits in your pocket. Just think in another 20 years how perfect the speeds and connections probably will be..... but also lol how everyone will be complaining in 2032 how there nano implant device won't achieve a terabit connection all day without dipping down to megabits....

EDIT: Sorry got on a "Thing" there. What I should have said is leaked 905 doesn't matter versus official 905 and I would suggest FXZ back or use the no loss method to get to a new leak. That is all

Last edited:

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
oDECREEx said:
Awe man...... :( I love this new leak... But gallery doesn't work

Yeah I feel the same way. Lovin the leak but there's a few issues.

1. When I take a screenshot it will come up in the notification bar that its saving it but it never gets the job done so it just stays up there. If u take a pic with camera or go into gallery it won't let u. Something is wrong with gallery.

2. If I go into settings and then sound it locks up like there's nothing there, kinda like how the gallery is acting up.

When I installed it, my phone got hung up on the android is upgrading screen saying updating media. Well after 30mins on this screen I did a reboot and it all came up and was working fine besides these few issues. Any ideas what to do? I haven't cleared the cache cause Idk if I go into recovery and clear the cache partition or somewhere else.

Other then that it seems pretty solid and I'm at 1.2 on rev3. Thanks.

Edit: and a side note which maybe gallery problem related. No ones avatars or pics show up on droidforums for me. They r all blank.

Last edited:

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
INCREMENTAL said:
Yeah I feel the same way. Lovin the leak but there's a few issues.

1. When I take a screenshot it will come up in the notification bar that its saving it but it never gets the job done so it just stays up there. If u take a pic with camera or go into gallery it won't let u. Something is wrong with gallery.

2. If I go into settings and then sound it locks up like there's nothing there, kinda like how the gallery is acting up.

When I installed it, my phone got hung up on the android is upgrading screen saying updating media. Well after 30mins on this screen I did a reboot and it all came up and was working fine besides these few issues. Any ideas what to do? I haven't cleared the cache cause Idk if I go into recovery and clear the cache partition or somewhere else.

Other then that it seems pretty solid and I'm at 1.2 on rev3. Thanks.

Edit: and a side note which maybe gallery problem related. No ones avatars or pics show up on droidforums for me. They r all blank.

Never mind, did some research and cleared the cache, it all works perfect now, unbelievable :) the pics and avatars are still missing on droidforums tho, what's up with that?

Last edited:

rduckwor

Reaction score
So I recently got this leak installed thanks to everyone on here. Anyways I'm seeing people talking about wiping the cache? Is that wiping the cache partition in recovery? Was afraid to do it before I asked. Thanks.

Yes. WIping the cache is not a bad idea after any update. It solves a lot of the problems people are reporting with the ICS leak. Should become a SOP for everyone.

RMD

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
rduckwor said:
Yes. WIping the cache is not a bad idea after any update. It solves a lot of the problems people are reporting with the ICS leak. Should become a SOP for everyone.

RMD

Thank you, yeah can't believe it fixed it like that.