new bionic ics update 6.7.230

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
We have methods to get you back on the OTA path without losing apps and data if there are further leaks. However, it's been theorized that 230 will most likely be the OTA update unless a major bug is found between now and then. That's not to say it's 100% safe and that this will definitely be the update, but, it's likely to be. In any case, you can get back on the OTA path if this turns out not to be the final version.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Flashing any leak will generally put you off the path, or at least that's the safest assumption...of course if 6.7.230 ends up being the OTA and the hash is identical like it was 905 leak vs 905 update you're good to go. If not you have to flash back to the 902 FXZ until somebody comes up with a 905 FXZ. then you just pull the 905 OTA and you're golden.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
All four ICS leaks have been able to flash back to 902 then OTA 905. This will put you back on the upgrade path.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yup. We got lucky on the Bionic with the ICS leaks. The razr people didn't. But we need to be vigilant. Always let people test the latest leaks to ensure we can go back before updating to them. Once they're out, people tend to update and test FXZ'ing back rather quickly, so, it's best to wait a couple hours and let that happen first. But we haven't seen any new leaks since 230 so that's a good sign. :)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Right, but, as of now we don't really know whether being on 230 is off the OTA path or not. It could be. It just as easily could be the update they decide to roll out in which case we're all good. We just have to wait and see what happens. But from 230, yes, we can roll back easy enough so it's a fairly safe update to perform all things considered.

Jacobk85

Reaction score
When I was downgrading to 902 from 2233 I got two text messages after... This is only my second time flashing ever so I wasnt sure if this was normal. Hope there not going to come get me! lol. When flashing Im doing the long way, I dont trust myself to do without App and Data Loss yet.

View attachment 52337

Anyone know what thats about?

Aristont

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys. The droid community is simply unmatched in ingenuity and helpfulness.

I think I may give it a try tonight. How long does the process take? I am on 905 already, but I am rooted. I assume I can unroot with Voodoo and then follow the flash instructions...?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Shouldn't take long at all. Yes, Voodoo should help. If you're forever rooted that needs to be removed first. Being rooted doesn't hurt, though...it's just the forever root that causes problems as it modified a file they're checking in the upgrade. If you have it on your sdcard-ext the update is not long...10-15 minutes maybe. You're already in a good state to just apply it without having to FXZ back first.

Tonik

Reaction score
Anyone else on 230 notice that the Google Apps, such as Books and Movies automagically re-enable themselves after they have been disabled. Seems they re-enable after every reboot. I will just TIBU freeze them but I find it amusing yet sad that Google excluded themselves from disabling.

gordz24

Reaction score
I need help guys. I am on stock 905. I have the latest motorola drivers, rsd lite 5.7, and the 230 file. I cant flash it. It keeps saying something like, Please check input file. Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing.

Not sure if I am doing something completely wrong, been a while since I flashed. I redownloaded the file again i thought maybe it got an error downloading, but its the same thing.

Also, when I hook my phone up to my pc, its booted in the volume down/power method right?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, when I hook my phone up to my pc, its booted in the volume down/power method right?

You have to be disconnected from your PC before you boot up into recovery mode. When plugged in, the SD-EXT card is disconnected from your phone (unless you do something fancy so both the phone and PC can read it at the same time).

Last edited:

wseyller

Reaction score
Anyone else on 230 notice that the Google Apps, such as Books and Movies automagically re-enable themselves after they have been disabled. Seems they re-enable after every reboot. I will just TIBU freeze them but I find it amusing yet sad that Google excluded themselves from disabling.

On 2233 they kept re-enabling themselves even when freezing with titanium backup. Those were the only two apps. But you can instead go to manage apps, uninstall all the updates then it should give you an option to disable them. This so far has worked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

gordz24

Reaction score
You don't flash the ics in rsd. You install it from your sd-ext with the stock recovery. Also, the 6.7.230.zip has two files inside, the update and a .crc the update in all you want on your sd

Ohh ok, now that I think about it this is my first flash on the bionic, did several on the X using RSD all the time, once in a while, i did through recovery. But finally, i understand haha. Its flashing now!!!

I appreciate teh help.