new bionic ics update 6.7.230

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nope, just installed the leak over .905, booted up, then wiped data/cache in ics recovery a few times and went through restoring my apps from the play store.

Ok. Had to ask.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

brarelabben

Reaction score
Whining noise issue

Is anyone else hearing the whining noise again after using any of these leaked versions? I was fine on the 5.9.905 version and the ICS4BIONIC version by dhacker but all these official leaks have the same whining noise.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
brarelabben said:
Is anyone else hearing the whining noise again after using any of these leaked versions? I was fine on the 5.9.905 version and the ICS4BIONIC version by dhacker but all these official leaks have the same whining noise.

Yep I've been hearing the whining as well. Pretty annoying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

ellipsis

Reaction score

Try turning off the audio effects under settings>sound for speaker and wired. That fixed all the audio issues for me.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
RSD Lite 5.7
The full 902 FXZ (not sargemajord's modified one as it doesn't wipe data)
Latest moto drivers

Boot the phone into fastboot, load RSD Lite, open up either the zipped up FXZ file or if you have it extracted, open the xml file inside the folder. Tell her to start and sit back while it does its magic.
VIOLA!!! A long night, but through your patience AND direction I made it to .230. Thanks again for all of your advice!!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
VIOLA!!! A long night, but through your patience AND direction I made it to .230. Thanks again for all of your advice!!

Really great! You had a lot of persistence through the issues and looks like it paid off. Well done!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
I've had 2231, 2233, and now 230 (skipped 229, didn't have enough time before they announced it anyway). Did mine the "hard way" (personally, I didn't find RSDLite hard, just tedious if you have to keep doing it) and FXZ-ed back to .902 each time. I'm not rooted, but I use MyBackup Pro, and that gets most (though not all) settings back without root. I made sure to do a new backup each time I had a new version running; so far, restoration of everything I backed up on 2233 seems to be fine on 230.

Phone is running at 1.2GHz (cpu rev3). The basic things I've noticed so far is that the phone runs cooler on .230, and doesn't suck down the battery nearly as quickly as .2233. I think it's slightly smoother, but that could be my imagination. My experience may also be affected by running Nova Launcher Prime.

It's about time we got the chance to set apps to "disabled", that's worth the price of admission alone. And you can finally uninstall that $#@!ed Blockbuster app, among a few others. I have to do some testing with Smart Actions, but I can also say that for me, the phone works fine in the standard dock and the car dock (I don't have the lapdock, though if someone can point me towards a spot where they're still $50, I'd gladly pick one up).

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I wanna get one, as well. Seems people like the lapdock and it's working well in 230.

deduct

Reaction score
LoneWolf15 said:
I've had 2231, 2233, and now 230 (skipped 229, didn't have enough time before they announced it anyway). Did mine the "hard way" (personally, I didn't find RSDLite hard, just tedious if you have to keep doing it) and FXZ-ed back to .902 each time. I'm not rooted, but I use MyBackup Pro, and that gets most (though not all) settings back without root. I made sure to do a new backup each time I had a new version running; so far, restoration of everything I backed up on 2233 seems to be fine on 230.

Phone is running at 1.2GHz (cpu rev3). The basic things I've noticed so far is that the phone runs cooler on .230, and doesn't suck down the battery nearly as quickly as .2233. I think it's slightly smoother, but that could be my imagination. My experience may also be affected by running Nova Launcher Prime.

It's about time we got the chance to set apps to "disabled", that's worth the price of admission alone. And you can finally uninstall that $#@!ed Blockbuster app, among a few others. I have to do some testing with Smart Actions, but I can also say that for me, the phone works fine in the standard dock and the car dock (I don't have the lapdock, though if someone can point me towards a spot where they're still $50, I'd gladly pick one up).

My bionic is definitely running cooler on 230 as well. For awhile it was getting up to 120 degrees. Have not seen it over 107 on this build.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Chris-pee

Reaction score
I bought the ATRIX lapdock of amazon for 70 bucks. 15 minutes of modification and I had a bionic lapdock, do it!

deduct

Reaction score
Chris-pee said:
I bought the ATRIX lapdock of amazon for 70 bucks. 15 minutes of modification and I had a bionic lapdock, do it!

Really? What kind of modifications are we talking about?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC