new bionic ics update 6.7.230

Chris-pee

Reaction score
You flip the connectors around and sand down a little piece of plastic. I did it at my desk at work in about 15 minutes with a small Phillips screwdriver and a file on my multi tool. There is a thread on xda with pics. Works like a champ and is awesome with webtop 3.0. Shoot me an email if you want more info.

deduct

Reaction score
Chris-pee said:
You flip the connectors around and sand down a little piece of plastic. I did it at my desk at work in about 15 minutes with a small Phillips screwdriver and a file on my multi tool. There is a thread on xda with pics. Works like a champ and is awesome with webtop 3.0. Shoot me an email if you want more info.

Cool man. Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
I bought the ATRIX lapdock of amazon for 70 bucks. 15 minutes of modification and I had a bionic lapdock, do it!

I can still get the Bionic lapdock for like, $80-90; I'm just cheap (in this case). :biggrin:

Considering I have a ThinkPad T420 with all the toys, it's hard to justify a Bionic lapdock unless the price is really low --that's the real reason. If I see a way to score a deal though, I'll do it.

Otakulad

Reaction score
I was thinking about flashing this, but I just saw that it was taken off the servers. Think that I should wait so I don't have to go back to 902? Also, I'm guessing it does, but can someone confirm that Netflix works with this build. Thanks.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Netflix works like a champ, used it last night on this build. On webtop it pulls up the Netflix tablet version as well, very cool.

wseyller

Reaction score
Really? What kind of modifications are we talking about?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I did the same thing. You have to take the dock section apart and basically turn the connectors around. Then i dremel & smooth out areas around the holder so that the phone fits like a glove.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dluke

Reaction score
I was thinking about flashing this, but I just saw that it was taken off the servers. Think that I should wait so I don't have to go back to 902? Also, I'm guessing it does, but can someone confirm that Netflix works with this build. Thanks.

what system are you on right now? because if you are on stock 905 then theres no reason to go back to 902, just flash the leak. if your not on 905 and you are running one of the custom roms or something, your gonna have to go back to 902 then 905 to get the OTA anyways

dfib

Reaction score

dluke

Reaction score
as for the lapdock... when you just plug your phone into an HDTV with an HDMI cable, Webtop 3.0 is pretty awesome. but the lapdock, thankfully i got it for only $50.. i almost feel sorry for ppl that had to pay more. because instead of improving on the real desktop-esque type of computing experience, all it is is a tablet version of you phone (which is basically just your phone on a bigger screen) that is not touch screen and you have to navigate the tablet with a mouse and keyboard.

i mean there were people on webtop 2.0 that with a few tweaks they were able to turn webtop 2.0 into a fully functional linux based ubuntu desktop. why coulnt moto done something more towards that direction instead of just giving up on the lapdock completely

this is a screenshot from an XDA members lapdock after mods to webtop 2.0
View attachment 52276
Working Programs (on OS from screenshot):
OpenOffice
XFCE4
Xchat
LxTerminal
Transmission
lxpanel
rdesktop
VLC Player (Video is choppy)
Gnome-Panel
Evolution Email
Chrome-Browser

dfib

Reaction score
if you call the local stores they usually can locate one with free shipping. They did this for me when I wanted the hd speaker dock for my xoom, it had been sold out for about a month online.

Last edited:

Otakulad

Reaction score
they are out of stock though.. and most likely not getting anymore

Called them the other day and a rep said that it was scheduled for close out. So yeah, it won't be in stock anymore.