new bionic ics update 6.7.230

budhambre

Reaction score
Lapdoc

AHhhh... .the Lapdock is working properly.. I'm SO happy :)

It works great on 230. Bionic is a whole new machine, silky smooth phone/netbook combo! I'm keeping my unlimited data plan, lapdock and bionic for a while!:biggrin:

Otakulad

Reaction score
what system are you on right now? because if you are on stock 905 then theres no reason to go back to 902, just flash the leak. if your not on 905 and you are running one of the custom roms or something, your gonna have to go back to 902 then 905 to get the OTA anyways

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I am on stock 905, but since 230 was removed, it makes me wonder if a new leak will come out soon. I didn't want to go through the fastboot process to get a new leak or be able to update OTA.

deduct

Reaction score
Speeding Wheels said:
The lapdock is simply awesome now.
Talk about a nice, fun experience that is actually quite productive.

I am green with envy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

clellisx

Reaction score
if you call the local stores they usually can locate one with free shipping. They did this for me when I wanted the hd speaker dock for my xoom, it had been sold out for about a month online.

^ not "quite" how it works. Let me clarify.

They will only tell you their store stock. You HAVE to request they perform a regional search. Even then it depends on the person you're talking with. I called Oregon (which also searched Washington), I called Utah which searched Wyoming and Idaho, I called California (which only searched California because the Verizon store guy was an idiot) and ultimately I called Colorado and hit a store that had ONE left in stock. That guy also just happened to locate (2) in California (back to the guy being an incompetant idoit in California). I bought the one in Colorado for $50 and had him ship it to me CHARGING IT TO MY VERIZON BILL. They CANNOT take money over the phone for those FYI.

They are no longer making the one strictly for the Bionic. There are other lapdocks that will work like the (100 and 500?) but you'll pay $200+ and have it connect via a cable instead of a cradle.

dluke

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I am on stock 905, but since 230 was removed, it makes me wonder if a new leak will come out soon. I didn't want to go through the fastboot process to get a new leak or be able to update OTA.

i got you.. but you know if you use SamuriHL's script, it not only makes if very simple, but all of your settings, data, and apps will be left excactly as they were before you started the process. so if you use that, theres really no reason not too update.. plus you really gotta experience ICS and 230 is essentially a perfect build

dluke

Reaction score
The lapdock is simply awesome now.
Talk about a nice, fun experience that is actually quite productive.
im sorry but i have to disagree.. we cant even have multiple windows open at the same time anymore (i.e. internet and email or word doc or what ever).. which we at least used to be able to.. how is that more productive? to now only be able to have one thing open at a time?

deduct

Reaction score
dluke said:
im sorry but i have to disagree.. we cant even have multiple windows open at the same time anymore (i.e. internet and email or word doc or what ever).. which we at least used to be able to.. how is that more productive? to now only be able to have one thing open at a time?

Ahhhh...i feel real sorry for ya. Ha ha. I only wish i had this problem. No lapdock for me!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

DoctorV

Reaction score

Otakulad

Reaction score
i got you.. but you know if you use SamuriHL's script, it not only makes if very simple, but all of your settings, data, and apps will be left excactly as they were before you started the process. so if you use that, theres really no reason not too update.. plus you really gotta experience ICS and 230 is essentially a perfect build

Yeah, I get that, just a little lazy. :) Like to take the road of least resistance. I figure if nothing is out at the end of the week, I'll put it on this weekend.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Read everything and heed my warnings. :) But yea it's pretty easy.

Otakulad

Reaction score
Not too worried about losing my data. Just had my phone replaced so all my data was lost anyway. Just finally wanted ICS on my phone.

Aristont

Reaction score
I don't know if it was on this thread or another one, but I read that installing this would take you off of the OTA path. Is that correct? Would you be able to get back on the OTA path by flashing back to 905?

Sorry for the remedial question - I'm new to all this.