Need a few adventurous souls to test ApeX 1.3.1

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I'm trying to port the newest version of Apex to the D2. This is built off the official 2.2.1 OTA update for the DX, and is Gingerbread themed. You can get some more info at this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fa...id-x-running-running-fast-can-12-16-10-a.html

So my previous port (1.0.2.5) made use of the D2 2.3.20 system as a base, and I just added in the Apex goodies. That worked fine and dandy, but I saw that kejar31 posted this following method to porting a DX ROM to a D2 ROM:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/106907-attn-devs-porting-your-rom-d2-made-easy.html

So I gave that a try, and this here is the result. So if there are a few brave souls who'd like to flash this and give me some feedback, that'd be great. I'd really like to know the following:

1. Does the dialer and contacts app work (I had to swap in D2 versions of these apps in my previous port)

2. Does it behave properly with the D2 hard keyboard (I'm pretty sure it will, because those files are part of kejar31's file)

3. Does the screen shut off properly? (I remember this being an issue when I first ported Apex without using the D2 system)

4. Does the overclock script work? (this uses a new module made for the DX's new kernel, but I think it should work with the D2 also)

5. Any other issues that arise

While I'm pretty sure this will boot, please know how to, and be able to SBF your phone if something goes wrong!

-Please wipe data and cache to ensure a clean installation.

Fabolous_ApeX_V1_3_1-D2.zip

fishhelmet

Reaction score
so far the hard keyboard seems to be working fine, but the overclock script isn't working. The terminal emulator says that busybox isn't found

jbeaz1023

Reaction score
Count me in too. I'll play with it this weekend and let you know how it works

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

fishhelmet

Reaction score
also for some reason whenever I plug my phone into USB it opens a web browser to the verizon vcast media manager.

ultima

Reaction score
ill try it out too

also for some reason whenever I plug my phone into USB it opens a web browser to the verizon vcast media manager.

phone or pc? if ur talking about the pc, then its not a bug, you need to disable it...its been awhile since i did it but its an icon in your icon tray right click then it should say something like "connect" or somethin, click that then it should say something like "load page" and "do nothing"

Last edited:

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just came across this thread fab. You know Im down to flash your work :)
* I also want to see if social networks worked for you using kejars update.zip. I used it on a few different roms and they were perfec, but no social networking. I know he built his rom blurless so...
**Love it! Love that you left some blur, love the gingerbread, and no bugs yet!...Great work Fab!

Last edited:

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Thanks ultima, I'm an idiot, yeah it was from motoconnect on my pc icon tray. Is anyone else getting the overclocking scripts to run? I'm still having issues

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks ultima, I'm an idiot, yeah it was from motoconnect on my pc icon tray. Is anyone else getting the overclocking scripts to run? I'm still having issues

What error are you getting when running oc script? I get "DX oc is not meant for this device".

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So this is ok to flash?

Absolutely! Its perfect. I cant find anything wrong, other than the oc script. But I never use them anyway. This rom is perfect if your looking for aosp, with a little blur ;) I have the transitions set to fast and its very snappy and smooth. And the gingerbread theme makes you forget your running a rom with blur.

microsnook

Reaction score
So this is ok to flash?

Absolutely! Its perfect. I cant find anything wrong, other than the oc script. But I never use them anyway. This rom is perfect if your looking for aosp, with a little blur ;) I have the transitions set to fast and its very snappy and smooth. And the gingerbread theme makes you forget your running a rom with blur.

Awesome! Ill probably flash this later today then. : D

HerroMoto

Reaction score
I want to flash it, but do I need to mount system or anything? I really want to flash this lmao.

microsnook

Reaction score
I want to flash it, but do I need to mount system or anything? I really want to flash this lmao.

Root your phone.

Download the zip.

Get the bootstrap app from the market.

Make sure you flash CWR with RomManager.

Go into bootstrap, click bootstrap.

Then under it hit reboot recovery.

Factory reset/wipe.

Install zip.

Choose zip.

Let it go.

Hit the power button to navigate back.

Reboot.

Done.

fishhelmet

Reaction score
the error says /system/xbin/overclock.sh: cannot create/dev/nul: permission denied
Error: Busybox not found