[Newbie help] Apex 1.3.1 to Liberty 3

spanyam

Reaction score
I have a Droid X that runs Apex 1.3.1 (and never since updated to anything else), system version 2.3.340, and already rooted. I want to upgrade this to Liberty 3, but I am a little confused as to the steps. So here are my questions:
  1. Will this guide work for going to Liberty3 (with Liberty 3 substituted for GB): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html
  2. What is the best way to get to 4.5.602 (or 605)? Should I restore stock, do a normal upgrade, and then root? Or should I flash to a pre-rooted version? Do I need to worry about odexed/deodexed versions?
  3. Once I'm on 4.5.602, I am okay to just follow the install instructions on the official Liberty3 thread, right?
Thanks for the help!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. And sorry if it was confusing but your thread was stuck in moderation for some reason, I released it and now you should be able to post freely.

And as far as upgrading, yes that guide should work. The best way would be to SBF to gingerbread which is actually in the guide.