Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmedic

Reaction score

This pretty much confirms this device will NOT be out soon. VZW has their holiday lineup set. They are probably planning on making a huge push in the new year. Maybe I can talk VZW into giving me a phone at a discount price to help me wait it out. If not I guess I will be looking elsewhere for service :(

I agree. The fact that we have only seen a couple of unbranded pics a month or so ago and have not seen anything else, would leave me to think that we wont be seeing this thing anytime soon.

electric6

Reaction score
Seems too little information and too many other products in same time frame for an Incredible HD to be hitting the street 11/23, but cool if it does :)

I'd have to agree. As much as I'd like this to drop now, that would be quite a few devices in a short span of time. Even the Continuum was announced. Each of these phones have their niche but it would seem like overkill to me. I thinking December now.

Desember would likely be too late tho for a 3G flagship. If it's not this month then it will be in march in all it's LTE awesomeness.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
nothing in stone, but Verizon's holiday line up (as it stands right now) is kinda weak if you ask me. (well for the 'consumer' end users)
Seems like the focus this holiday season is on business users. Droid Pro and a global Droid 2?

This bums me out as I am itching for a new phone... my D1 has run it's course for me.

matthew4295

Reaction score
G2 permanent root obtained! !

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

We have hope! .....look at this, the phone is still in rumor stage and we are wonderingi it we can root it lol

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/matthew4295

That includes the HTC Desire & Z. If they got root for these they will get if for Dinc HD too.. Just a matter of time.

Sweet! Wait, does it break the root if you reboot?

Droid1, CM6.

matthew4295

Reaction score

This pretty much confirms this device will NOT be out soon. VZW has their holiday lineup set. They are probably planning on making a huge push in the new year. Maybe I can talk VZW into giving me a phone at a discount price to help me wait it out. If not I guess I will be looking elsewhere for service :(

Hahahaha, you will all be saying "wait...Miami and Matt were right! Thank you" this will be said on the 23rd or Black Friday. And no this doesn't say anything at all. They want a VERY quite launch and push this during the holiday season. They want to get some more incredibles sold. Can you say u agree Miami?

Droid1, CM6.

Jas O

Reaction score
We have hope! .....look at this, the phone is still in rumor stage and we are wonderingi it we can root it lol

Droid1, CM6.

That includes the HTC Desire & Z. If they got root for these they will get if for Dinc HD too.. Just a matter of time.

Droid1, CM6.

It's been a long time coming, folks, but the T-Mobile G2 -- and with it, the HTC Desire HD and Desire Z -- finally has a permanent root. The work was done by Scott Walker and his merry band at XDA (From AC)

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
Miami still has yet to let us know if the 23rd release date has changed. So till I hear different from him, ill keep my hope alive. Also, Verizon might of purposely kept the original incredible in the line up so they didn’t have to post a picture of the dinc hd and give it away. I really feel Verizon is doing an amazing job by keeping the dinc hd a secret. hahaha as you can tell its driving us crazy. I still think we will see the phone this month.

ndhill1976

Reaction score

Droid1, CM6.

Droid1, CM6.

It says "permanent root"

Reaction score
nothing in stone, but Verizon's holiday line up (as it stands right now) is kinda weak if you ask me. (well for the 'consumer' end users)
Seems like the focus this holiday season is on business users. Droid Pro and a global Droid 2?

This bums me out as I am itching for a new phone... my D1 has run it's course for me.

My thoughts exactly. Its hard to beleive that VZW has something coming without anything solid being leaked. No screenshots, no pics with logos, nothing. Again, can anybody tell me when this has ever happened in the past for a flagship phone, no info being released at all?

Jas O

Reaction score

Hahahaha, you will all be saying "wait...Miami and Matt were right! Thank you" this will be said on the 23rd or Black Friday. And no this doesn't say anything at all. They want a VERY quite launch and push this during the holiday season. They want to get some more incredibles sold. Can you say u agree Miami?

Droid1, CM6.

Just a thought though. I completely see them wanting to sell more Dincs, but don't they run the risk of half the people who buy them this week see the HD and then go back within their 30 days and trade up for the HD? Seems like cost more money in the long run.

Thinking into it a little further, maybe reason for the silent release. Sell a bunch of Dincs keep it quiet and the 30 day trail runs out before the casual customer knows the difference. Sell a ton of HD's to all the phone junkies like us.

Turbod

Reaction score
It seems like this thread goes off course almost every day. One person speculates on rumor and everyone goes into a panic until Miami brings us back on track. I'm new here, but considering Miami said he talked to Verizon 4 times yesterday, I would think he would have hinted to us if the release date had changed. Last words I remember him stating about its release is that it was still on target for end of this month. If that has changed, I'm sure he would have let us know one way or another.

kameleongt

Reaction score

Droid1, CM6.

Just a thought though. I completely see them wanting to sell more Dincs, but don't they run the risk of half the people who buy them this week see the HD and then go back within their 30 days and trade up for the HD? Seems like cost more money in the long run.

Thinking into it a little further, maybe reason for the silent release. Sell a bunch of Dincs keep it quiet and the 30 day trail runs out before the casual customer knows the difference. Sell a ton of HD's to all the phone junkies like us.

If the customers go back i think they charge a 15% restocking fee on say your example being the dinc ontop of the new 299 or 199 after rebate cost.

the.kevin.anderson

Reaction score
It's clear to me the VZW is doing exactly what they want. They have people freaking out that this phone is not coming out, and that this phone will not come out, so that we'll run out and by the DX, D2 Global or the DINC. It's simple business practices to not allow this information out.

I was in my local VZW store last night, and the rep mentioned they have just been notified of a bunch of new holiday phones but that they can't release the information until corporate releases the information because: "Then everyone will just wait for these new phones and not get our current stock out of here." Bottom line, trust MIAMI, he has not led us to believe that anything has changed, and that this phone is most likely on the way by the 23rd. Patience is a virtue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.