Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

aayoo

Reaction score
Motoblur really isn't as bad as you all claim, it's a UI skin that can be swapped for any home replacement if its not to your satisfaction. And if your really hate it, both rubix and tranquility roms are blur-less, and there's sense roms for those junkies as well. I prefer the vanilla OS experience. Despite what this small minority thinks, DX is still a highly successful device, and verizon's current flagship. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if the DX is still the premier device throughout the holidays alongside the merge, it was Motorola that established the Droid brand on Verizon, not HTC. Other than the LTE potential, nothing jumps off the page to make me want to buy this phone as of today.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Other than the LTE potential, nothing jumps off the page to make me want to buy this phone as of today.

Speed. A faster processor, better faster GPU, more ram and Sense 2.5 with Locations...all add up to be a phone that kills the other leading touch screen smart phones.

unseenme

Reaction score
Motoblur really isn't as bad as you all claim, it's a UI skin that can be swapped for any home replacement if its not to your satisfaction. And if your really hate it, both rubix and tranquility roms are blur-less, and there's sense roms for those junkies as well. I prefer the vanilla OS experience. Despite what this small minority thinks, DX is still a highly successful device, and verizon's current flagship. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if the DX is still the premier device throughout the holidays alongside the merge, it was Motorola that established the Droid brand on Verizon, not HTC. Other than the LTE potential, nothing jumps off the page to make me want to buy this phone as of today.

Agreed. I have LPP & ADW. Very god replacements and I forget Blur is even on here. I'll take battery life and reception over Sense all day long.

Swyped from the BIGGEST BADDEST machine on the planet

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score

Agreed. I have LPP & ADW. Very god replacements and I forget Blur is even on here. I'll take battery life and reception over Sense all day long.

Believe me. A lot of us know that the dx is an amazing phone. it is very responsive and the picture quality is amazing and some. But let’s try to stay on topic so this thread doesn't get closed. ;)

R

rushmore

We need to sadly get used to these devices being locked down. The rooting community will be switching over to non-name brand tablets for future rooting efforts.

An early star in the making for that front is the Viewsonic G-Tablet. Tegra 2 and Android 2.2 have issues ATM, but the root communtiy at XDA and other places is gaining steam.

That all said, in regards to the Inc HD:

Are we super duper sure a non-LTE Incredible HD is shipping? I am wondering if rumor has menifested into "fact". VZW engineers have already stated there is an LTE device, but it is expected in late Q1 2011.

Seems odd to not hear much about this device, no FCC leak, and the fact that having two versions would be odd. Not to mention the Droid X is still selling well and VZW has other devices coming out that HAVE been announced.

Though it would be super cool to have a 4.3" version of the Inc (give my son the 3.7"), it all seems on assumptions of assumptions. Not to mention for a device releasing in less than two weeks, there is far less info than even the original Inc had.

I suggest we may not see a non LTE version.

Feel free to shoot down my doubt
smile.gif

H412D

Reaction score
We need to sadly get used to these devices being locked down. The rooting community will be switching over to non-name brand tablets for future rooting efforts.

An early star in the making for that front is the Viewsonic G-Tablet. Tegra 2 and Android 2.2 have issues ATM, but the root communtiy at XDA and other places is gaining steam.

That all said, in regards to the Inc HD:

Are we super duper sure a non-LTE Incredible HD is shipping? I am wondering if rumor has menifested into "fact". VZW engineers have already stated there is an LTE device, but it is expected in late Q1 2011.

Seems odd to not hear much about this device, no FCC leak, and the fact that having two versions would be odd. Not to mention the Droid X is still selling well and VZW has other devices coming out that HAVE been announced.

Though it would be super cool to have a 4.3" version of the Inc (give my son the 3.7"), it all seems on assumptions of assumptions. Not to mention for a device releasing in less than two weeks, there is far less info than even the original Inc had.

I suggest we may not see a non LTE version.

Feel free to shoot down my doubt
smile.gif

3g and 4g version confirmed from two different sources.

unseenme

Reaction score
Not everybody is gonna want LTE. Right now I have no interest in it. Plus I don't wanna pay LTE pricing or have a tiered plan. I'm about to change over to the unlimited promotion. So yea there should definitely be a 3G & LTE version.

R

rushmore

Where is there a link with the "firmest" specs for the Inc HD? I wonder if it will have 16gb built in, or still the 8gb.... or less.....

Jas O

Reaction score

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Not sure if mentioned, but the Droid 2 Global was announced today and and pre-order. A very silent launch indeed.

So the only phone left to be announced is the HTC merge but could it be announced with the DINC HD? Being one has a hard keyboard it seems like they could be made official at the same time as they cater to two different crowds?

R

rushmore

Seems too little information and too many other products in same time frame for an Incredible HD to be hitting the street 11/23, but cool if it does :)

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Seems too little information and too many other products in same time frame for an Incredible HD to be hitting the street 11/23, but cool if it does :)

I'd have to agree. As much as I'd like this to drop now, that would be quite a few devices in a short span of time. Even the Continuum was announced. Each of these phones have their niche but it would seem like overkill to me. I thinking December now.

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.