Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Take note that most of the votes are from people in this thread who are dying from the phone, still others who would wait for LTE.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Honestly, I'm not hopping on the LTE bandwagon yet as I'm enjoying unlimited 3G now and don't have the pure need for LTE at this point. After it fully rolls and I see the pricing, I might change my mind, but I'm content with what I have so far.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im going to bed soon so I wont be able to repost the link for aw hile. If anyone wants to continue the poll you can just quote my post every 2-3 pages or someting like that.

Xerrus

Reaction score
Droid 2 Global sneaks in early...

Looks like the Droid 2 Global, that was originally slate for a Nov. 11th release, silently snuck out just now, as per Engadget:

Motorola Droid 2 Global now available at Verizon for $199 -- Engadget

Makes me feel like a silent launch of the Dinc HD is a definite possibility, even more so now. One night we'll all go to bed after a hard day trolling the forums, and BANG, it'll be there in all it's glory when we wake up!

Here's hoping that Nov. 23rd launch holds to be true!

:icon_ banana:*fingers crossed*:icon_ banana:

cowboys9srt4

Reaction score
Count me in as vote number 8. I live in Buffalo and go to school in Albany and I don't think 4g is coming to either spot. Even if it was I'd still stick with 3g

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The Droid 2 Global and the Droid Pro are both definitely showing available. If there was huge marketing hype for EITHER of these phones, I honestly didn't see it. The Droid 2 has had press, but I don't recall much of anything on the global version. And the Pro havne't seen anything that I can recall.

So in other words, I would say this gives HUGE validity to the silent release of the IncHD.

viper1549

Reaction score
Looks like the Droid 2 Global, that was originally slate for a Nov. 11th release, silently snuck out just now, as per Engadget:

Makes me feel like a silent launch of the Dinc HD is a definite possibility, even more so now. One night we'll all go to bed after a hard day trolling the forums, and BANG, it'll be there in all it's glory when we wake up!

Lol it was the 11th from the first leaks then pushed back to the 29th then releases on the 9th.. Thats to funny.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Lol it was the 11th from the first leaks then pushed back to the 29th then releases on the 9th.. Thats to funny.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I can see it now, we are sitting online tomorrow night and the IncHD drops. I know, wishful thinking. :D

cowboys9srt4

Reaction score
Id put money down on a silent release happening. I have faith especially with the global sneaking onto the horizon

cowboys9srt4

Reaction score
On a side note. Anyone see the recent commercial about axe detailer cleaning your balls and a girl rolling two golf balls in her hands. Haha very strange. Wish I could use the HDinc to rewatch that online lol.

dominick_7

Reaction score
New update...:(

I went into Best Buy today because it was getting close to the 30 day period, and I have had reasons to return or replace my Droid X. One reason was that the buttons were weirdly designed, the first two buttons feel different from the second two, sometimes the last one doesn't always want to push in, as if it had something underneath it to prevent it from pushing in completely. Other reasons were that it would lag at times (after loading up many apps.. and having short cuts on the main 7 pages), weird incongruities with the browser, a few random reboots, and Verizon as usual screwed up my bill making it way more than it should be. The main reason was that I was hoping that the HTC Merge (I guess some refer to as the Incredible HD), this mystery Evoish device for Verizon, would be coming out on the 23 or what not so I could get that instead, while using my Samsung i730 in the meantime.

Ok so I talked to the manager at Best Buy about my Droid X and wanting to return it to possibly wait for the soon upcoming Evoish device, and he told me he was also waiting to get the "Merge", which is what he referred to it as, and he told me that while they were expecting to get news of it to come out in the next couple weeks and he was expecting to get an official meeting to get the run down on the phone, he was informed that they are now planning on pushing the launch to March of 2011, because they are wanting it to be 4G compliant. So while he said the date that was March of 2011.. in Verizon's timing from what I recall, that usually means about 3-4 months after that.. ie second quarter. What's that like 7-8 months out...?:/

Based on that I decided to just get a replacement Droid X, which has better functioning buttons as far as I can tell out of the 4 I tested and chose from. It also apparently came with Froyo so that was interesting. I would also like to add that this experience with the manager at Best Buy was WAY better than my other experience with the previous manager that was there before who seemed pretty stuck on an anti customer service mode. That guy made me want to never come back to Best Buy again. So while he couldn't help me with all my problems, he was polite, allowed me to get a replacement with no hassle, gave me some credits back to my account, and I could tell he tried to help me at least.

Anyways that's the update I received. Take it for what it's worth.

ubrocked

Reaction score
LTE vs. 4G?

Well, let me use Sprint as an example. 4G service is not available in Columbus, OH...it's the capital city and still...no coverage. If I would have bought an EVO on launch day, I would still probably not have 4G coverage where I live after a year of paying the extra for the 4G speeds (and I'd be due for a new phone). What a waste of $120...for nothing other than being able to use their best phone on their 3G network.

So do I want LTE? Yeah, sure...IF I CAN GET LTE SPEEDS. I don't want to pay extra for data speeds that I'm not going to be able to enjoy. If it is true that Verizon will roll out 4G to all cities where NFL teams reside...I'm still screwed.

I think I am like many people here that DO want the 3G upgraded EVO or US version of the Desire HD. I don't like the DX, Droid2, Droid Pro, or Fascinate but I want to stay with Verizon. If the phone doesn't come this month...I would be very disappointed and will probably wait for the next 4.3"+ screen that doesn't have Motorola's Blur crap or a fugly camera hump. Despite the screen size, the Incredible is still the best phone in Verizon's lineup as of today IMO. I think this phone is primed for a November release as all of the D1 users coming up eligible for an upgrade who have realized that 3.7" screens don't cut it anymore.

I think the EVO just as it is now (no upgrades) would be Verizon's biggest seller if they released it now. An upgraded model that blows the DX out of the water can't possibly be a bad thing for Verizion or HTC going into the holiday season.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One more time before I go to bed to get a good polling pool...feel free to repost this every couple pages, Ill be gone for a while.

Thought it would be fun to do this, and it could be informative also, because if not many people plan on buying the 3g version, there's a chance that not many custom rom/hacks developers would develop for it. 3g or LTE? - Cast Your Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.