Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We can only hope.

2. Mandroid11

Mandroid11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "What is the point of this without the FFC over the Droid X?
    Form Factor
    Sense 2.5
    Possibly faster processor
    No MotoBlur

As far as the FFC is concerned...the only reason I see them leaving if off the 3G device is that would give a reason for folks to jump to the LTE version after it is released later 1st quarter 2011. Again - this is just a guess.[/QUOTE

If you read my post you'll see I referred to the common person, who would most likely not know the difference between firmwares, ui's, or any CPU under the hood. They'll go for an outter style and name they know. Without a Ffc i'd say a lot of common people may go for an x considering both have Large screens and motorola is a name that's known by a lot. A ffc would draw a large crowd to it because it's something new and gives the consumer the option to use it.

3. Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand some of us do not like motor blur. But that should be in no way of stopping anyone from buying the dx. I was playing with one of my gf's htc evo and it didn't seem as customizable as the dx. It even lagged compared to the dx. But as Miami has said before, he will choose the dinc hd over the dx. So sense must be waaaay better! The resolution must be clearer and the phone maybe faster? So that's what's holding me back from buying the dx for now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. bizzshow

bizzshow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally don't like the dx the screen is just to tall its not Comfortable I don't have a problem with the extra width of the evo

5. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think we need to see Verizon finish promoting some of their devices that are coming out the next couple of weeks (Merge? Continuum? DPro?). they may not want the Inc HD confirmed until these other devices generate sales.

6. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another comment that is not being talked about here. Lets say this is two devices. Will the 3G version have that "HD" resolution that is better than anything yet on a Android Smart Phone? After all, why name it "HD"?

7. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,103
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    It took some getting used to. But I have big hands so I got used to it. Coming from the BlackBerry Storm... The DX is great!!! I need a 4.3" Screen nothing smaller then 4". I tried messing with the Fascinate.. I did not like it. Love the DX. But would get rid of it only for T2.

8. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0

It would be called HD just because of the 4.3" displayed compared to the previous Incredible. But yea, I seriously hope it has a higher res screen on the 3G variant.
    Sent from my Droid

9. ubrocked

ubrocked Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I talked to a friend of mine today that works within 'customer care' at Verizon. He's not very high up but I wanted to get a feel for when they hear of new phones dropping vs. when they actually release. He said that they all check BGR and some other sites quite often cause usually, they get the scoop off of the internet long before it's funneled down from corporate.

Just thought that was interesting. I asked him about the DINC HD and he said he read about it online :D

10. EyeOWA

EyeOWA Senior Member

Ratings:
    +134
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    Myself like many of you are anxious for this phone, but I wouldn't count on any info coming out tomorrow, as Miami has stated. Has anyone seen any Verizon inventory leaked info or anything that the phone is in Verizon's system? Any training on this phone? If the release is imminent, than some of that should be brewing, should it not?

11. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing on the "Incredible HD". Very easy for Verizon to not show any information easily, especially if they know who would leak it and trace it back to them. Just a theory though.

But there are plenty signs showing something is replacing the original Incredible. The fact its down to $150 on a 2 year contract (which happened when the Droid 2 replaced the Droid OG and the D2 Global replacing the Droid 2). Then down to $100 for the holiday. Also, Android Central got a screenshot of what looks to be the Incredible being put to "retire". Course it could just be the AMOLED models, but maybe not.

12. Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    and verizon is over due for a new HTC phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

a mysterious device was sent and the only way to open was with your hand

forums droidmaster94

motorola anti-hacking device

new droid release date

over quota locatemydriod

why does kroq android app not work galaxy s4

wirefly approved my account mysteriously with verizon