Verizon Mail-In Rebate Form Details Phones Launching by Nov 21; HTC DLX/DNA Missing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-rebate-form.jpeg

Despite rumors that the new HTC DLX, aka the HTC DNA, would be coming to Verizon soon, a new mail-in rebate form was leaked from Big Red that seems to refute them. A slew of devices are shown on the rebate form, but the HTC DLX is conspicuously missing. Of course, just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean it won't come to Verizon. We already know it will be coming to VZW, but this new info definitely casts doubt that the device will come anytime before or on that date.

You may notice that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is also not on this list, but this should come as no surprise considering that Verizon themselves shared a November 29th launch date. Finally, the most interesting new phones on this list are the LG Spectrum 2 and the Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere 2. This rebate form obviously confirms that these devices will hit retail before or on that date.

Verizon just issued a press statement about the launch of the LG Spectrum 2, so there's no need to repeat that here, but the Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere 2 is mildly interesting. Here's a spec breakdown:
  • Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
  • 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display
  • 1.5 GHz dual-core S4 CPU
  • 8 MP camera
Hmmm... a Sammy slider? We haven't seen one of those in a while have we?

Source: AndroidAuthority

spider210

Reaction score
Last I checked there wasn't going to be a rebate on the DNA so that's why its not on this list

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Samsung Note II isn't listed there either, simply implying that a rebate won't be available for it. This really does nothing to help or hurt rumors as most VZ flagships do not launch with a rebate.

Edit: I'd also like to know why Samsung continues to make their sliders look like butt. Is it really so hard to keep aesthetics in mind when designing something?

spider210

Reaction score
Yeah, the Samsung Note II isn't listed there either, simply implying that a rebate won't be available for it. This really does nothing to help or hurt rumors as most VZ flagships do not launch with a rebate.

Edit: I'd also like to know why Samsung continues to make their sliders look like butt. Is it really so hard to keep aesthetics in mind when designing something?

My point exactly

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

geoff5093

Reaction score
The Galaxy S3, RAZR MAXX HD, Note II, and more aren't listed either. Then you have phones like the Droid X2, Thunderbolt, Droid Pro, etc. which are phones that haven't been sold for over a year.