[Rumor] Verizon's Galaxy Nexus Likely Release Date November 17th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-date-wip.png

According to this leaked photo over at AndroidCentral, it appears that Verizon may get their Samsung Galaxy Nexus launch on November 17th. Also, from a lot of intel in the industry, it appears that this will be the world launch date for the phone as well. It would be nice to see it come out for all the carriers here in the States at that time, but that may not be the case. It is possible that Verizon could still get some limited exclusivity rights for a small bit of time. Luckily, we only have two weeks to find out all of the above.

Source: AndroidCentral

g_what

Reaction score
WANT! I'm so excited for this phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score
Wouldn't it make more sense to release it on Black Friday? One day sale price of 250 then jack it up to 250? Not to mention you avoid all the hassles of the pre-order RAZR returns although I doubt there will be many.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Wouldn't it make more sense to release it on Black Friday? One day sale price of 250 then jack it up to 250? Not to mention you avoid all the hassles of the pre-order RAZR returns although I doubt there will be many.

One day sale price of $250 and jack it to $250? You doing government financial statements. :D

Actually, Black Friday's are terrible for new device release. Most people will either be hiding at home or concentrating on the malls and sales. Further, most will need communication with family members travelling and out shopping and don't want to be setting up a new device in between.

I'll take the 17th any day of the week. :D

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The 17th works well for me as I do not want to have to fight black Friday crowds in anyway.
Besides, it is to the point I am drooling over pictures of it already, makes me nervous I am going to accidentally short out my keyboard any time I log onto DF (pic at the top)...

g_what

Reaction score
One day sale price of $250 and jack it to $250? You doing government financial statements. :D

Actually, Black Friday's are terrible for new device release. Most people will either be hiding at home or concentrating on the malls and sales. Further, most will need communication with family members travelling and out shopping and don't want to be setting up a new device in between.

I'll take the 17th any day of the week. :D
I agree with your reasoning for the 17th, AAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD it's 2 days after my birthday... so if anyone feels like getting me a belated gift you know what I want ;)

captclueless

Reaction score
Oh please let this be true! I should have the money for this after tuesday, and my D1 is on it's last legs.
If you dont preorder it, you think you can just walk in and buy one on launch day?
Maybe I should camp out.

daimien

Reaction score
Here mine is on the 16th

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Brimm

Reaction score
The 17th would be so perfect because...THATS WHEN I GET PAID! I'm gonna waltz into the Verizon store and make it rain with my money!

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I was listening to yesterdays android atlas podcast and they were saying the release date had been moved to the end of november. I don't remember what their source was though:blink:

vaeron

Reaction score
Hmm, getting a warranty replacement on my DX, again, and I'm tired of fighting it. Might have to find a way to give this to myself for Christmas as my 1 year early upgrade is available.