1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Galaxy Nexus Coming Out November 10th?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Oct 21, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Verizon just got done announcing the Galaxy Nexus today and already a leaked date is in the rumor mill. This date has been mentioned before, but now we have a little more conformation from Verizon themselves. The Galaxy Nexus is set, in the books, for a November 10th launch date. Now before getting excited, this date can change for any reason, but let's all hope not.

Via: Androidcentral
  2. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

Man I cannot wait for this phone to come out.

Since the demo didn't work at the press conference here's some footage of one of the new features...
    2 people like this.
  3. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

+1 to that. Everything is coming along beautifully.

Edit: I just noticed this, if the razr preorder is available on 10/27 wouldn't that mean that 11/10 date would be the G-Nex preorder date and not the actual release date? Just thought I would mention this. I'm waiting patiently :).
  4. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Hmmm, two years after the OG, many upgraders would move on to this one...

Sent from my Sourcerized D1
    1 person likes this.
  5. MdicnMan

MdicnMan New Member

While I certainly hope the 10th is right, I find it rather odd that the only numbers that are blurry on that shot are the 11's on the two November dates. (you need to zoom way in)
  6. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

Hmmm you could be right.....OR maybe they're not taking preorders for Nexus and just make it a free-for-all LOL!
  7. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Verizon is probably scared out of their minds of most of the people looking to purchase the G-Nex after all the drama this morning about twitter "I'm dropping service if..." fiasco :). Hundreds and hundreds of people demanding the G-Nex!
  8. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    I guess in the coming weeks we will start to see accessories for the G-Nex!!!
  9. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

Waiting impatiently ;). Atleast they are fixing the issues. I rather it mess up during the presentation so they can get it right rather than it work perfectly and people are locked out of their phones. Which since they have a backup up pattern unlock it should keep that from happening.
    1 person likes this.
  10. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

Woohoo, let the countdown continue! I'm a bit hesitant on that release date thought :blink:,
  11. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

That seems to function pretty well! I still plan to disable the lock screen/slide to unlock tho!
  12. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

+1. Face recognition looks surprisingly snappy, especially when comparing this video to the Google presentation.
  13. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I have to laugh at the bloggers who were trolling for hits spreading rumors that VZW somehow wasn't going to get this.

Will be interesting to see how this does vs. the RAZR. If you don't root or flash roms, main reason for the Nexus I see is the camera and probably the screen (it's pentile, but HD so we will see how amazing it really looks). RAZR is Moto (which has a reputation for build quality and, you know, actual phone call quality) with the removable SD and additional storage. I expect the RAZR to get ICS in 2-3 months.

I'm a bit torn myself with which one to get. Only playing in the store will probably help me decide.

Tough call to say which will sell more. More than likely, ICS will push the Nexus over the top. Too bad the RAZR won't launch with ICS because I'd love to see a fair competition toe-to-toe.
    1 person likes this.
  14. Enter

Enter New Member

It's the watermark, nothing else. They already confirmed it is coming out in November.
  15. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

^SGN unlocked bootloader FTW!!!!
  16. xandor

xandor New Member

I'm glad that Big Red finally admitted it, but I just wish they'd announce a date. Looks like I'm getting the 32 gig version since it appears to have no micro sd card slot....
  17. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

I like EVERYTHING about the Razr MINUS the non-removable battery. That's a deal breaker for me 100%. I can't see most people choosing the Razr over the G-Nex, but of course that's just my opinion. The Razr is still an awesome phone, but the locked bootloader and non-removable battery make it a no-go for me :(. I do realize that the general public could care less about either of these "features", but I feel like ICS is so slick that anyone using the two side by side will simply fall for the G-Nex, regardless of anything else.
  18. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

And the wait begins............:D

so stoked on this device... its so clean, no buttons, glassy.. on that.
  19. Liderc

Liderc New Member

Agreed, it's super clean, makes me finally excited about a new phone.

Hopefully the 10th is the release, but I somehow doubt it. Maybe the 10th is the preorders and the 17th is the release. Honestly I'm just hoping it's in November, because realistically December would probably be better for them. More time for advertising and Holiday sales.

The facial recognition was extremely quick, makes me feel a lot better about it's usefulness.
  20. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I'm fairly confident I could get a day of use without an extended battery. I do have a concern about flashing roms (if the bootloader is unlocked and IF I feel need to do that with a more powerful phone and, ultimately, ICS) getting a freeze and being stuck (and probably having to wait until the battery dies!).
Search tags for this page
when does new nexus 10 come out

when does the nexus 10 come out

when does the nexus 5 come out