Galaxy Nexus Coming Out November 10th?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
galaxynexus.jpg

Verizon just got done announcing the Galaxy Nexus today and already a leaked date is in the rumor mill. This date has been mentioned before, but now we have a little more conformation from Verizon themselves. The Galaxy Nexus is set, in the books, for a November 10th launch date. Now before getting excited, this date can change for any reason, but let's all hope not.

Via: Androidcentral

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Man I cannot wait for this phone to come out.

Since the demo didn't work at the press conference here's some footage of one of the new features...
[video=youtube;9AJCW2ZsiW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AJCW2ZsiW0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

Since the demo didn't work at the press conference here's some footage of one of the new features...

+1 to that. Everything is coming along beautifully.

Edit: I just noticed this, if the razr preorder is available on 10/27 wouldn't that mean that 11/10 date would be the G-Nex preorder date and not the actual release date? Just thought I would mention this. I'm waiting patiently :).

MdicnMan

Reaction score
While I certainly hope the 10th is right, I find it rather odd that the only numbers that are blurry on that shot are the 11's on the two November dates. (you need to zoom way in)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 to that. Everything is coming along beautifully.

Edit: I just noticed this, if the razr preorder is available on 10/27 wouldn't that mean that 11/10 date would be the G-Nex preorder date and not the actual release date? Just thought I would mention this. I'm waiting patiently :).

Hmmm you could be right.....OR maybe they're not taking preorders for Nexus and just make it a free-for-all LOL!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Hmmm you could be right.....OR maybe they're not taking preorders for Nexus and just make it a free-for-all LOL!

Verizon is probably scared out of their minds of most of the people looking to purchase the G-Nex after all the drama this morning about twitter "I'm dropping service if..." fiasco :). Hundreds and hundreds of people demanding the G-Nex!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Waiting impatiently ;). Atleast they are fixing the issues. I rather it mess up during the presentation so they can get it right rather than it work perfectly and people are locked out of their phones. Which since they have a backup up pattern unlock it should keep that from happening.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woohoo, let the countdown continue! I'm a bit hesitant on that release date thought :blink:,

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

[video=youtube;9AJCW2ZsiW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AJCW2ZsiW0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

That seems to function pretty well! I still plan to disable the lock screen/slide to unlock tho!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
That seems to function pretty well! I still plan to disable the lock screen/slide to unlock tho!

+1. Face recognition looks surprisingly snappy, especially when comparing this video to the Google presentation.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have to laugh at the bloggers who were trolling for hits spreading rumors that VZW somehow wasn't going to get this.

Will be interesting to see how this does vs. the RAZR. If you don't root or flash roms, main reason for the Nexus I see is the camera and probably the screen (it's pentile, but HD so we will see how amazing it really looks). RAZR is Moto (which has a reputation for build quality and, you know, actual phone call quality) with the removable SD and additional storage. I expect the RAZR to get ICS in 2-3 months.

I'm a bit torn myself with which one to get. Only playing in the store will probably help me decide.

Tough call to say which will sell more. More than likely, ICS will push the Nexus over the top. Too bad the RAZR won't launch with ICS because I'd love to see a fair competition toe-to-toe.

Enter

Reaction score
While I certainly hope the 10th is right, I find it rather odd that the only numbers that are blurry on that shot are the 11's on the two November dates. (you need to zoom way in)
It's the watermark, nothing else. They already confirmed it is coming out in November.