Motorola Droid RAZR Appears on DroidDoes.com Website

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Expandable memory but can't replace battery, replaceable battery and can't expand memory.

Grrr, do they do this on purpose?
You see, Motorola had to design a brand new battery for the Droid RAZR. As their first Android phone with a non-removable cover, the Droid RAZR’s battery needed to be wider and flatter than those they’d built before. They built this new battery and lovingly dubbed it the “SNN5899A”.

Why would you need to replace a battery?

Also, the Razr is splash resistant, which means water won't creep into your phone when you are taking a shower. :D

You can't make it splash resistant with the back cover popping off to change your battery, when the power should last a full day if fully charged at night.

Last edited:

schellbl

Reaction score
I'm curious, is this really true? I feel like my OG droid call quality has always been poor. I have always received complaints from a lot of my friends and family about the quality. I was actually looking at the Nexus for a difference in call quality and also the potential of an unlocked boot loader.
Razr all the way. Its a sweet phone and it will get roms and most likely 2nd init at some point. i dont care for samsung phones they always have horrible signal quality.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I feel like my OG droid call quality has always been poor. I have always received complaints from a lot of my friends and family about the quality.

What baseband version are you currently running? I've never had poor call quality on my D1, although my radio version is C_01.43.01P. You might try flashing this version (which can be found here) if your baseband is anything different.

Edit: I just realized that you said you get complaints from friends and family about the quality, which could indicate a hardware problem with your phone's microphone.