[Updated - Rumor] New Galaxy Nexus Release Date Rumors: December 15th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy_nexus_costco.jpg

According to a couple of different reports, we have a new rumored launch date of the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Obviously, these rumors have been frustrating, to say the least, but we should still report it to everyone, just in case it turns out to be true. Two "leaked" pics of internal Costco systems show a launch date of December 15th. Supposedly, there was further confirmation from an actual Verizon store rep, claiming that he was already using his own personally activated Galaxy Nexus, and that they would be available on the 15th.

nexuscostcoeng.jpg

Since, this launch has become such a fiasco, I would take this with two pinches of salt, an apple, some olive oil, and call your doctor in the morning... then give Verizon (or Costco) a call before heading over there. :p

Update: Apparently, one of our forum members got some additional third party corroboration from his own Verizon store, suggesting this same December 15th release date. You can check out his thread with additional internal Verizon memo pic here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...cussions/187420-galaxy-nexus-coming-15th.html. We are still recommending that folks don't assume this to be true. Based upon past results, we have had several supposedly solid rumors fail. Additionally, Verizon's own recent statement of "launching this year" seems to imply that it will be later rather than sooner. If we hear anything more concrete, we will let you know!

Source: Engadget and AndroidCentral

Last edited:

Jagerbomb513

Reaction score
Meh

Just called my Verizon here in SW Ohio....... Still no launch date.:angry:

Wondering if I should just wait for GSIII...

Last edited:

loki993

Reaction score
Key word in that is "as early as" meaning that's the earliest it could be released, but still could be later. I've also found that store reps know less then people off the street when it comes to release dates, so I always take stuff like that with a huge grain of salt. Just my experience.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yeah...somehow I doubt this is coming out tomorrow after the aforementioned rumor fiasco, with no advertising and no real confirmation whatsoever. Don't get your hopes up. I want a new phone, and this will definitely do it for me, but it's starting to reach the point where it'll be hard pressed to live up to all it's hype. Need to work on your timing Google/Samsung/Verizon...

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
My VZW rep called me yesterday and confirmed I can pick up my Gnex tomorrow morning. I plan on picking it up at 9am. They have had them in stock since last week.

WPThunder25

Reaction score
This "launch" is no different then when it was supposed to be released on the 9th. It is slated to be released tomorrow but Verizon can delay it just as easy as they did last time. I won't believe it is released until I walk into a store and they tell me I can buy one.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
"launches as early as"

Translation: some will be able to get it sooner than others. Probably no internet orders for the first week or two. Who knows anymore at this point.

gelfud

Reaction score
I put this in another thread, and I am a newbie, so excuse me if I should not repost it here, but... I just called several corp stores and got nothing in terms of good info to confirm/deny a release, tomorrow, 12/15. Now, just in case, I called a certified reseller thinking that they would not be dealing with corporate bs managers telling them to be mum about a release. This guy told me to come by at noon E., tomorrow, and that they had a confirmation email telling them that tomorrow is a "GO" for a release.... But, but, but... they have none in stock, and that nobody has any in stock (yeah, I know the rumors of them sitting in locked cages), and unless they recieve some today, or tomorrow morning, that I would essentially have to buy it and wait for them to receive it, for them to call me, and then go there to pick it up. Again, out of 5 corp stores, and 1 reseller, I only got confirmation on 12/15 release from one guy, the reseller.