Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Except for the fact that there won't be a huge rush on LTE device release since full implementation isn't until 2013 to 2014. There are about 39 markets slated for initial LTE launch and the rest will phase in slowly. So yeah, trying to sell more expensive LTE devices nationwide for advanced use on a system that won't be fully implemented for a couple more years is a smart marketing move.

Not.

I hope your right, as much as I'm glad LTE is coming I'm always around wifi so having a fast network speed isn't so important. Plus I could do without the extra costs.

sb1831

Reaction score
Except for the fact that there won't be a huge rush on LTE device release since full implementation isn't until 2013 to 2014. There are about 39 markets slated for initial LTE launch and the rest will phase in slowly. So yeah, trying to sell more expensive LTE devices nationwide for advanced use on a system that won't be fully implemented for a couple more years is a smart marketing move.

Not.

So you don't believe that there won't be a massive marketing campaign like Sprint did with the EVO and with what T-Mobile is doing with the MyTouch4g? Why would VZW chose to NOT market their new LTE network, and if they're going to do that why would they NOT market this phone like the aforementioned devices? That would make perfect sense to not market the updated network you spent millions on for your customers.

Oh I loved the "NOT" at the end of your post. It's refreshing to see that the as a moderator of this site you are mature and able to remain neutral on subjects.

matthew4295

Reaction score
What i am thinking of doing is buying this phone then when LTE Droid Incredible HD comes, I will sell this then get the LTE version. We will see in March.

2005CTS

Reaction score

Not.

I hope your right, as much as I'm glad LTE is coming I'm always around wifi so having a fast network speed isn't so important. Plus I could do without the extra costs.

I think there are many that would be in this boat. Also - but the new LTE model would pick up lots of new customers and possibly some DINC HD folks that just can't help but upgrade!

Bring on the 3G DINC HD goodness ASAP!!!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Not.

So you don't believe that there won't be a massive marketing campaign like Sprint did with the EVO and with what T-Mobile is doing with the MyTouch4g? Why would VZW chose to NOT market their new LTE network, and if they're going to do that why would they NOT market this phone like the aforementioned devices? That would make perfect sense to not market the updated network you spent millions on for your customers.

Oh I loved the "NOT" at the end of your post. It's refreshing to see that the as a moderator of this site you are mature and able to remain neutral on subjects.

As mature as the post of yours that I edited? Being a moderator doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I could have been much more sarcastic but chose not to be.

And yes, I think they are quite capable of a silent launch. The original Incredible was a completely silent launch as well, released with much the run up that the HD is seeing right here. And the sales of it were phenomenal.

Any other complaints with my posts?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I think there are many that would be in this boat. Also - but the new LTE model would pick up lots of new customers and possibly some DINC HD folks that just can't help but upgrade!

Bring on the 3G DINC HD goodness ASAP!!!

That's exactly my line of thinking on this. It's smarter to have a run up device and then pull multiple sales on an upgraded device in the future. It's quite apparent that devout cellphone owners are a fickle group and tend to have a disposable income they tend to be free with on the whole. Believe this is exactly their plan.

Jmart922

Reaction score
This has got to be one of the most hyped up phones ive seen on this forum, with good reason to I can't wait for this device, glad I waited!

GOON

Reaction score
i dont think this phone is much better then any other phone. i think its just a droid x with a front camera..

viper1549

Reaction score
i dont think this phone is much better then any other phone. i think its just a droid x with a front camera..

Lol thats because you didn't read the thread you looked at pictures..

This phone will top the dx in many different ways..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jmart922

Reaction score
^^^ haha sounds like someones a lil green android, this phone looks to be very polished compared to the Dx, don't get me wrong the dx is a great phone but next to this beautiful beast, ummm yeah, everything they said ^^

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to do this, and it could be informative also, because if not many people plan on buying the 3g version, there's a chance that not many custom rom/hacks developers would develop for it. 3g or LTE? - Cast Your Vote!

Eskay

Reaction score
The poll results should be interesting indeed.

Seeing as I am way overdue for a phone upgrade and likely won't wait till the LTE is rolled out, it's 3g for me. Saving on my bill vs lte service will be welcomed as well. A week ago I almost became too impatient and bought the DX but here's to hoping for the same thing we all are looking forward to on the 23rd.

viper1549

Reaction score
Lol so far 7-0 3G.. LTE its nothing to me for awhile

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.