Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
LG=:icon_ owned: over the Olympus snafu.

And man, if I never listen to those three again I'll be happy. They were having a geekgasm over the black notification bar. Wow.

They raised many points I've already raised over dual-core -- threading will save the day and they NEED TO GET THE STUFF THREADED BEFORE RELEASE! :)

To be honest, that just made me not want to look at an LG phone as my phone for a long time. Of course, Motorola locking their phones down doesn't help. Well, makes me glad (in a sense) that I have a full year before my contract is up.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you personally really think the LG phones we've heard about are any real competition for the Etna? (Olympus doesn't count since it's AT&T. ;))

I would definitely consider looking at the LG Star. Besides for the fact that its a sharp looking device I have had great expierence with my previous LG devices the chocolate 2 and a LG vx6100. Heck with a T2 processor I would hope that these phones offer up some good competition and their own unique differences.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
This can be what we can look forward to for the Motorola Etna. Although it is on a the DX . The guy says that Blur is less intrusive.

[video=youtube;nQgfFBuQi8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQgfFBuQi8w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
More Pictures Taken With The Mototrola Olympus

Motorola Olympus MB860 Takes Photos, Makes Picasa Appearance?

Picasa is at it again! The ultimate leak machine these days for anyone with too much time on their hands, has produced the first pictures from the Motorola Olympus (MB860). They aren’t much to look at and the resolution or crop job on some of them is about as weird as it gets, but we may still have discovered something special pictured in the image below:
Is that a Motorola Olympus? It’s definitely a Moto device and these pics were definitely taken in their offices, hence the logo in this pic which refers to a successful launch of some sort:
We also took a closer look at the photo below from a different user and while we can’t tell what it’s referencing, it does mention the words “OLY” and “OLYMP” which would match up to the name we’ve been hearing for months now.
Fun stuff, right?
You should also expect a post every other day now from someone scouring Picasa for the latest MB860 pics!

by Kellex

Source

joker402

Reaction score
Superbowl launch for both Tablet and Droid 4g/LTE/Enta/X pro/whatever they name it? I think so.

rybnik

Reaction score
Yep, yep. Sounds quite likely. Here is something else a bit intriguing...Some real competition for the Etna perhaps...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/105871-hands-lg-star.html#post1087394

I'm honestly shocked and a little overwhelmed that it looks like there will be so many really high-end devices to choose from next year, especially when it was just 3 months ago we all thought the DincHD and the HTC Merge were going to be the hot new phones. Now, we will have the Samsung Stealth, LG Star, Moto Etna, and HTC IncHD/Mecha...and maybe even more. I can't wait for CES... It will be like a continuation of Christmas, LOLS!

Last edited:

rybnik

Reaction score
Ha Ha. Yeah, hopefully Verizon Android phones aren't the absolutely only thing people are looking forwards to...this holiday!

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Too bad moto has chosen to lock down their phones. I love the D1 and wish they would have made another like it but that appears to be the one and only unlocked moto android phone. Sad...

For me the hack-ability of a phone is more important than accessories and looks. All these dual core phones will be similar in performance so I'll be going with whatever is not locked down or if they all are then HTC because the XDA love HTC receives.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Status