Motorola Olympus/ Etna Rumors, Information & Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
This can be what we can look forward to for the Motorola Etna. Although it is on a the DX . The guy says that Blur is less intrusive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQgfFBuQi8w&feature=player_embedded

The video has been removed. Can you summarize for us?

It turns out the video was a fake. This guy had a Droid X that supposed to have Gingerbread on it. Actually he was using Apex..

Yeah, the dude got attacked... too funny.

rybnik

Reaction score

It turns out the video was a fake. This guy had a Droid X that supposed to have Gingerbread on it. Actually he was using Apex..

I thought that vid seemed a bit suspicious. Never trust youtube video that looks like it was filmed at home by some random 13 year old to be a good source for leaked unreleased tech...The extreme laginess also I think was being used to try to hide the trickery goin' on. :icon_wink:

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

I thought that vid seemed a bit suspicious. Never trust youtube video that looks like it was filmed at home by some random 13 year old to be a good source for leaked unreleased tech...The extreme laginess also I think was being used to try to hide the trickery goin' on. :icon_wink:

The original video was not laggy at all it was 720p Video after being attack by so many he took it down and somebody had the same video but in bad guilty. I should of noticed he was hiding something when he put his thumb over the screen as someone mentioned earlier to hide the version he was running.

rybnik

Reaction score

Verizon wireless just tweeted this:

Verizonwireless: #LTE consumer-oriented devices expected by mid-2011. Android is cranking. Shall the two meet at, say, #CES?

Oh, Joy...More waiting.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Waiting? If you ever used a Blackberry you should be used to waiting. ;)

I gave my wife my DX and I have her Storm!:icon_evil: It is driving me nuts. Thinking about buying an DX on Ebay until the Dual Core Etna comes out. Now I still think that the Olympus is coming to AT&T in Jan. or Feb. of 2011. But I am not going back to AT&T. The service was horrible....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Click. Click. Boom. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So, to get this back on topic -- are you saying that the Storm 1 is viable competition for the upcoming LTE phones? Or that there's a FroYo update in the works for it?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Click. Click. Boom. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So, to get this back on topic -- are you saying that the Storm 1 is viable competition for the upcoming LTE phones? Or that there's a FroYo update in the works for it?

Yeah Right!!!! Very Funny!!!

Those that want the Olympus can get it in Jan. on AT&T.

Last edited:

2005CTS

Reaction score
A fellow storm user that can't wait to go dual core!!! The LG devices looks solid...I just want that car dock feature that Motorola offers so it will be the Olympus/Etna for me.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
A fellow storm user that can't wait to go dual core!!! The LG devices looks solid...I just want that car dock feature that Motorola offers so it will be the Olympus/Etna for me.

I will wait for it to come to Verizon!!!!:sad:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
So if the Optimus 2x has an unlocked bootloader will you guys still get the Etna? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.