Motorola Olympus/ Etna Rumors, Information & Pictures

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by Preach2k, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cleon527

cleon527 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Noob question - if it is locked, won't it get hacked eventually? If not, what are the cons to having it locked? Thanks

2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well, if it's locked tightly enough, NO ROOT! :)

3. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +331
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    I do not root my phones. But I know they usually find ways to root phones. They did it with the DX!!!

4. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Pretty much all phones get rooted. When the bootloader is locked it makes it much harder to load custom roms. That's the main problem with them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So what's so special about the Motorola car dock feature? Is it better than the google car dock?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. Preach2k

Ratings:
    +331
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    Etna is shipping with Android Gingerbread. I am wondering since it is delayed to mid year or the 2nd Q is there a chance it will ship with Honeycomb?

7. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Etna is delayed? I hope not. Also, I don't know if anyone has seen this post, but it seems like an LG device is coming in March. Only thing I know of it the LG Star, or a variant of it.

LG VS910 with Android, Bluetooth 3.0 Hits Verizon in March?

It could possibly be LTE, which means there will be devices early 2011. Though nothing is for certain and we'll just have to wait till January 6th at CES for what they are calling "Verizon Day". :)

8. Preach2k

Ratings:
    +331
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    If Verizon is saying no LTE Devices until Mid year or 2nd Q then that is whats going to happen Unless LG is not LTE then you will not see it until the 2ND Q or Mid Year... We Will have to see!!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  9. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They said by mid year but honestly that can be taken in two different ways. They can have a device by then, but doesn't necessarily mean it will take that long. It can easily be that that was said to be as a way to cover themselves in case something goes wrong. Wouldn't you agree if they promised a device Q1 and can't deliver people will be angry as opposed to saying by mid year and managing to deliver late Q1/ early Q2? Maybe you're right as far as LTE smartphones go, but the Motorola tablet is LTE and is coming in February most likely. So thats why I'm lead to believe we will see LTE smartphone Q1/Q2. CES is less than 3 weeks later and our questions will most certainly be answered.

10. Preach2k

Ratings:
    +331
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    Think about it This way The The Merge was promised was promised by the Holidays by Verizon.. Now that is push back and do not know when it will be released. I guess somethings will be a little clearer after CES!!!

11. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    True, which was crazy considering there was advertisement released and was ready to go live on their site. lol.

I'm just hoping theres some sort of super phone coming. I really wish Motorola was able to get their hands on Super Amoled or better. Their hardware is the best you can get, all thats missing is a better display.

12. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +933
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    I heard that CES will be a big disappointment if you are in the market for a handset. If you're in the market for a tablet you will be happy but for handsets nothing great will be intro'd.

13. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know, Verizon seems to be planning some big stuff January 6th. Do you mean theres handsets, but nothing innovative? Or just no real handsets at all?

14. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just saw this tweet by @LGmobileCES11

attn all you #IWantADroid tweeps out there. just letting u know that we'll be sharing some exciting news in January at #CES 2011

Looks like theres defiantly a high end Android smartphone for Verizon coming and defiantly will hear something in January. So if the device that got certified for Bluetooth 3.0 is the same as this one, then looks like LTE phones will be around the corner. Even if it doesn't turn out to be LTE, sounds like this device is gonna be one of the highlights of Verizon in 2011. So I still have hopes for this device soon. :)

15. Preach2k

Ratings:
    +331
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    i got this snippet from a article when I did a search on what to expect from 2011 CES.

Dual-core Android phones
    Android really exploded in 2010. How much? Well, let's just say in 2009, we reviewed eight Android smartphones and in 2010, we reviewed more than 50. Now, Android 2.3 Gingerbread is out, and we expect other models to join the Nexus S. And even more than the new flavor of Android, the talk around the water cooler is when we'll see the first dual-core Android phones; and CES may just be the place. LG, Motorola, and Nvidia will be holding press conferences in Las Vegas.
    Signs are pointing to an imminent release. We've already seen glimpses of the LG Star and the Motorola Olympus, both of which feature Nvidia's Tegra 2 chipset. This chipset features the first mobile 1080p HD video processor and promises 2x faster Web browsing and 5x faster gaming on your mobile device.
    Some benchmark tests performed by Engadget Mobile on a prototype of the LG Star show that the smartphone was twice as fast as the Motorola Droid X and the HTC Evo 4G, so it looks we're on our way to the next level of smartphone performance.

Source

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
brooklyn ny motorola blur

oogly ogre brothers