[VIDEO REVIEW] The Motorola Droid Bionic

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[h=2][VIDEO REVIEW] The Motorola Droid Bionic[/h]

Droid-Bionic-Logo1-copy.png
The highly anticipated Droid Bionic has finally landed in the hands of the public and I personally don’t think they will be disappointed. I was lucky enough to have a roommate that decided to go and grab the newly bit of awesomeness that is [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]android[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Then I stole it from him and whipped up a nice review video below. Now at first glance, it’s a pretty sleek and sexy phone. It’s light, it holds nicely in the hand, and basically just looks like a shinier [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]Droid [/FONT][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]X[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Now with that, it’s definitely a big step up from the Droid X and Droid X2. With the 1 GHz dual core processor, the phone just flies. I mean it literally flies. I was scrolling through the home screens and the thing grew wings and flew out of my hands! Ok I over embellish, but seriously, the smoothness and quickness is very nice. The 3D transitions between screens and app drawer is a nice touch, which I think your basic [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]android [/FONT][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]phone[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] user will love. Going through apps and [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]web [/FONT][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]browsing[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], there is really no lag at all, so that mixed with the [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]4G[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] LTE you’re in for a fast paced user experience. Basically the phone is on crack!
I’m not the biggest fan of the MotoBlur UI, and even after playing with the new version I’m still not a big fan of it. Don’t get me wrong, they have made some great improvements to it, it’s just not my brand of whiskey. The 3D interface really pops. The social stream has a new look to it as well as a contacts widget that makes your phone look like it has a stack of pictures stuck inside it. The 8 MP camera is something that is exciting people, but might be a little disappointed by it. Some of the pictures I took kinda came out a little grainy so a little bit of a let down but not a total disappointment. Speaking of disappointments, what is up Motorola??? Downgrading the screen resolution? Are you nuts? Yes they have downgraded the screen resolution I guess to help with battery life and help with the smoothness of the phone. It’s not that bad of a flaw, but if you do look closely at the screen you see the little pixels. Comparing it to the Droid X’s screen, its pretty noticeable. Now don’t moan and groan just yet, the phone still has its greatness, and just watch my video review. I think you will agree with me. Also I think you’ll agree that my hair looks terrible.

So, do I recommend the Droid Bionic? Yeah I do. I really think this phone is a big step into the dual processor phones and will take on the iPhone 5 in hand to hand smartphone combat, coming out with barely a scratch. It’s only a matter of time before this devices are going to take over the world, so pick your phone your going to be a slave to! If you are looking for all the juicy details that is the Bionic, check out all the details below.

PHONE REVIEW: The Droid Bionic - YouTube

Network technology:

Design:

• Form Factor: Candybar
  • Dimensions: 5.01 x 2.63 x 0.42 (127.5 x 66.9 x 10.9 mm)
  • Weight: 5.57 oz (158 g)
Display:

• Resolution: 960 x 540 pixels
  • Physical Size: 4.30 inches
  • Colors: 16 777 216
  • Touch Screen: Yes (Capacitive)
  • Multi-touch: Yes
  • Proximity Sensor: Yes
  • Light sensor: Yes
  • Battery Capacity: 1735 mAh
Software:

Hardware:

• Processor: OMAP4 Dual-Core
  • Processor speed: 1000 MHz
  • Memory: 1024 MB RAM / 2048 MB ROM
  • 3D Graphics hardware accelerator: PowerVR SGX540
Camera:

• Resolution: 8 megapixels
  • Flash: Yes (Dual LED)
  • Features: Auto focus, Digital zoom
  • Video capture: Yes
  • Resolution: 1920×1080 (1080p HD) (30 frames per second)
  • Additional camera: Yes (VGA)
  • Video Calling: Yes
Multimedia:

• Music Player: Yes
  • Supports: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MIDI
  • Video Playback: Yes
  • Supports: MPEG4, H.263, H.264
  • YouTube player: Yes
Internet Browsing:

• Supports: HTML, Flash
  • Built-in online services support: Facebook, Picasa, Twitter, Android Marketplace
Services:

• Type: S-GPS
  • Navigation: Yes
  • Phonebook Support: Yes
  • Capacity: Capacity depends on system memory
  • Features: Caller groups, Multiple numbers per contact, Search by both first and last name, Picture ID, Ring ID
  • Organizer Calendar: Yes
  • Alarms: Yes
  • Document Viewer: Yes
  • Other: Calculator
  • Messaging
  • SMS: Yes
  • E-mail: Yes (IMAP, POP3, SMTP, Microsoft Exchange)
Memory

• Memory Expansion: Yes
  • Slot Type: microSD, microSDHC
  • Maximum card size: 32 GB
  • Built-in: 16 GB
Connectivity

• Bluetooth: Yes
  • Version: 2.1
  • EDR: Yes
  • Wi-Fi: Yes Dual-Band (802.11a 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n)
  • USB: Yes
  • Type: microUSB
  • Version: USB 2.0
  • Features: Mass storage device, USB charging
  • Headphones connector: 3.5mm
  • HDMI: Yes
  • Version: 1.4
  • DLNA: Yes

Source: Twitter/youtube/android Spin