Motorola Droid Pro

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I doubt their will be a keyboard. I think they will keep the DROID, DROID 2 line separate. This seems it is almost a successor to thew DROID X?

I want a front facing camera and hope it is LTE enabled. If so, this is my next phone.

Yeah, at this point awfully happy with the Droid and will wait for LTE, especially if Droid Pro takes a long time to get rooted.

Only thing that is going to drive me to upgrade early is the ram (gee, I wonder why they only put 250mb in the Droid?).

Because of Swype, I think I'll also give my next phone a shot without a physical keyboard.

mjforte

Reaction score
Yeah I'm hoping it'll have at least 1 gb of RAM. I also hope it has a physical keyboard though.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the Droid pro will have these specs or similar specs:
4.3" screen
2ghz processor
1gb of RAM
front facing camera
no keyboard
android 3.0
gyroscope
4g capable

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm hoping that the Droid pro will have these specs or similar specs:
4.3" screen
2ghz processor
1gb of RAM
front facing camera
no keyboard
android 3.0
gyroscope
4g capable
will have a keyboard
no LTE (early rumor. nothing new has been said.)
4.3" Screen. Nobody is saying but it hasn't been shot down.

dakoop

Reaction score
I have some new topic secret confirmed info.

It will have a full color touch screen.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I have some new topic secret confirmed info.

It will have a full color touch screen.

great_scott_400.png

bizzshow

Reaction score
Honestly I'm no longer looking forward to this phone much less any other Motorola product. They make great phones. But this locked down crap has to stop. Guess ill be waiting for the first HTC lte device long live snapdragon

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Honestly I'm no longer looking forward to this phone much less any other Motorola product. They make great phones. But this locked down crap has to stop. Guess ill be waiting for the first HTC lte device long live snapdragon

Isn't the Droid X the first phone Motorola locked down? Wait to see if the Droid 2 is locked down first... Then we can assume that more devices will be locked.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Isn't the Droid X the first phone Motorola locked down? Wait to see if the Droid 2 is locked down first... Then we can assume that more devices will be locked.

you guys worry too much. it will be ok.

bizzshow

Reaction score
No the milestone was the first android phone they locked down like this. And an insider who has been on point with his info has stated the droid2 is locked down the same way.
edit
Sam trust me I'm not worried I'm just looking at the harsh facts they've stated that they will lock all future devices down. I've read post from two credible sources indicating that two devices have the same security measures. So my thing no matter how good a community is. This I'd one of those things that weakens it. How long do you think devs. Will hack at one device at the speed of development. Especially when their are other devices coming without these restrictions

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope it allows me to type in terminal emulator just by using my mind

A.Brooks

Reaction score
megapixels mean absolutely nothing to me. My 2mp fuji takes better pics than my 5mp droid. And who really needs higher resolution than that anyway?

how bout just keep it at 5mp, but improve the picture quality? what a novel idea.

Your 2mp Fuji has a much larger aperture and a real lens, what do you expect.

Fact of the matter is the resolution on a 2MP camera blows. So even a poor quality 5MP camera likely will smash it in truth. Convert the images to the same size, in fact, go ahead and blow that 2MP image up to the same reso as the 5MP and you tell me which one looks better. I promise once you see all the artifacts you'll change your mind.

That being said, I want a capable camera phone, if I want a real image, I'm not going to be breaking out my phone and expecting it to do what I can do with a DSLR. That technology is 20 years away at this point. Cameras need incredible glass in them, there's a point of diminishing returns on the MP vs aperture. However, I'll gladly take this 12MP camera with capability to capture 720p video.

Hopefully they will be smart enough to allow 24p and 30p recording with it, and not just lock it in to 30. Sometimes it's just better to shoot at 24 depending on the feel you're going for.

Okay, lemme get off my soap box rq.

I WANT THIS PHONE! If these specs are even close to correct, the 1gig of RAM is what has me wanting the most, it's the most exciting part to me, and hopefully we can get a killer screen to go along with it. One that would at least rival the new iPhone4.

dwagner88

Reaction score
After being underwhelmed by the X today, I'm honestly looking forward to this phone and the Fascinate even more. I'll have an upgrade available on December 26.