Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Kineo;233209 ^LOL^ When I got my droid I was told that android 2.1 should be out by the end of the month.[/QUOTE said:
Shhh don't tell anyone, but I think they fibbed. ;)

Humpa

Reaction score
Kineo;233209 ^LOL^ When I got my droid I was told that android 2.1 should be out by the end of the month.[/quote said:
Shhh don't tell anyone, but I think they fibbed. ;)
I'm still thinking it will be out by the end of the month.
The actual "insiders" have been saying that all along. It is a different rumor that had people mentioning the Jan 22 date.

Now, it could easily be pushed back - but I'd suspect the update will come in the next 1 to 3 weeks, or never. :D

Tegamal

Reaction score
In Dec when I first joined this forum, I mentioned I would be getting a Droid around late January. One of the better known members (I won't mention his name unless he speaks up :D) said:
By the time you get your Droid you will have a whole new OS so it will even be better then it is now.

He was off by just a little. :p

Humpa

Reaction score
In Dec when I first joined this forum, I mentioned I would be getting a Droid around late January. One of the better known members (I won't mention his name unless he speaks up :D) said:
By the time you get your Droid you will have a whole new OS so it will even be better then it is now.

That was the Jan 22 rumor. Lots of people were convinced of that. But the true "insiders" had it correct (or, we'll see if they did I guess). "Better known members" don't necessarily have any inside knowledge. :D

Tegamal

Reaction score
That was the Jan 22 rumor. Lots of people were convinced of that. But the true "insiders" had it correct (or, we'll see if they did I guess). "Better known members" don't necessarily have any inside knowledge. :D
Yeah, I'm just ribbing on him. I don't hold anything against anyone, no one could have known.

2.1 will be out eventually & I'll be here when it does.

Humpa

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just ribbing on him. I don't hold anything against anyone, no one could have known.

2.1 will be out eventually & I'll be here when it does.
Yep, me too. :D
... though I'm not going to use it (why on earth would we? we already have more than is coming on that release, plus a lot more), but I'll be here. ;)

Tegamal

Reaction score
Yeah, before I had my Droid, I heard about people rooting, & I thought "Why bother? It's so risky!"

Of course, now I know better & see how easy it is, but I still haven't mustered up the guts to jump into the deep end. I'm still splashing in the kiddie pool.

ltfrakes

Reaction score
Am I the only one who got the email from Moto two weeks ago that said thanks for your patience...2.1 next week?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Seriously???? I thought all 2.1 threads had been closed. I am so over the whole 2.1 thing. If I get it, I get it. If I don't then when I am up for my new phone I will evaluate what to do then (I used my daughters upgrade to get the droid, my contract is up in May). All the rumors and "oh its going to be released...." frankly have turned me off to the whole thing.

ltfrakes

Reaction score
LMAO knotbeerdan! I'm just pissed that Moto didn't send out an email correcting their commitment.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I think people like talking about 2.1 and enjoy all the anticipation.

I look forward to the 2.2 threads.

cuskit

Reaction score
LMAO knotbeerdan! I'm just pissed that Moto didn't send out an email correcting their commitment.
Hey! I'm pissed that they didn't send me a commitment mail in the first place! I'm totally insulted! I haven't heard from them since I dropped my coin for the phone in the first place!

Okay - they did send a "welcome to the VZW family".... Yea - I paid my way onto that train! :icon_eek:

So, when can we expect 2.1? :icon_ banana: mikey

strobez395

Reaction score
They should honestly do it like apple does for their ipod touch and iphone... not say anything and then you just find out..