Moto Phone Portal - Droid to PC Media Sync(and More) via WiFi

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thats a completely unrelated piece of software.

That is actually Nero software. The software in this thread is basically a web server for the phone that acts as a "portal" of sorts to access data, and stream music, etc.

therock

Reaction score
Heh! Now that I know there are two different versions on post #1 I tried the 029.

I still do not get file manager in either browser.:mad:

Can someone open the file manager and copy the address and paste it here?

Also noted are different start pages between FF and IE browsers. And FF does not have the support option.

The 029 with wi-fi only is fine for me because I'll only use it at home near a charging source and it FASTER. Not only is it faster but faster in FF than IE. If I want to edit a contact in IE the scroll bar commands are dog-slow and hang a bit. In FF it's much more responsive.

I want the file manager dag nab it.

jzmotodroid

Reaction score
V1 does not work on USB

somehow the moto phone portal icon does not apear in the window system tray after USB is connected as the help says. therefore cann't install the drivers needed for USB app onto the PC... anyone experienced same?

kamileon

Reaction score
Well when I connect the Droid to my computer via usb i get the little blue moto logo icon in the system tray, however when click on it to get the menu it says when connected use....then the pull down says "nothing"

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Plan on trying to get this to work but I wonder if they aren't supporting because of changes / updates to the OS.

I am waiting for some one to do a system dump on the new Milestone 2.0.1 update from last week to see if there is a newer version of this app there.

That could answer your question of continued support of this app.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cool app, nice find. This thread was a little confusing because when the Milestone version was found and added to the first post by the time I got to the Milestone discovery I thought a 3rd version had been found. Reading on I realized there were really only 2 versions.

On Vista with ie7 and with Firefox3.5.7 I get no manager tab. I thought I was all set when someone posted the IE suggestion. I'm using the wifi and usb version. Didn't try the older version.

PAW Server is another app out there that I just looked at. It is currently in beta. Some things, like only listing numbers and not contact names, would be hard to use but there are various options in that tool too.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I started using this app yesterday and was able to connect and move some music from PC to Droid with no problem. Today I go to add some more and the "Music" file is unable to open on my PC and says the folder is empty. The error says it is not accessible and that I might not have permission to use this network resource, contact administrator, operation completed successfully (LOL). Everything worked fine last night. I double checked my Music folder on the Droid and the tracks I sent to it are still there.

Any advice on how to fix this?

I did try deleting the folder and creating a new one but it wouldn't let me delete.

EDIT: Never mind, found a better option anyway

Last edited:

seang

Reaction score
Ahhh, has anyone figured out how to run this over USB? I'm at work and wanting to play with it, but don't have access to WiFi here. When you start the program, it says you must connect over USB or turn on WiFi. So I'm assuming it can be run somehow from USB.

I've tried with the phone mounted and unmounted, but no luck.

I want to play!!!!!!

Me too! The app says it works using USB or WiFi, but it will only proceed if WiFi is connected.

Has anybody been successful with USB?
i got it to connect over WiFi, but i would prefer usb, and havent had any luck on 2 different PCs.

M

Matth3w

Can I just transfer things like apk files from the computer to the phone via wifi?

ucpro

Reaction score
is anybody else not able to get this working? it says it's connected with wifi on the phone, but then i can't access the address that it says to go to.
i've tried with both google chrome and ie with no luck

i have this one:
Moto Phone Portal V1 with USB.zip