Moto Phone Portal - Droid to PC Media Sync(and More) via WiFi

Tony07737

Reaction score
I have been getting errors when tryign to use the file manager. The message on the PC reads "Documents in this folder are no longer available ..."
What happened? Any idea's?

WrightTechDave

Reaction score
Phone Portal for Droid

This is a great find, however I am now having an issue with it where I can not access my files from MPP. Was working earlier, but I had uninstalled it due to an issue with another app that crept up after installation. Now I re-installed and the option to view files is not there, any ideas???

Funny thing was that it did not appear under manage applications, had to use Astro to uninstall. If anyone has some thoughts as to why I can access the SDCard after re-install, please let me know.

MarkB

Reaction score
This is a great find, however I am now having an issue with it where I can not access my files from MPP..

Many of us have found that all of the access options appear only if you're using Internet Explorer to go to the right IP address. Chrome, Firefox, etc, will list some of the options but not the file manager itself where you can open the whole SD card.

Hope that helps!

WrightTechDave

Reaction score
Thanx Mark, based on your information I delted my IE8 browsing history and I now het the file access. Thanx Again..

SpecialFX

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this please? I have to use USB because for some reason I cannot connect to my wifi network if I have security enabled. (Feel free to help if you have a solution to that, too!)

I'd love to be able to do it on my imac, but it says windows only for USB, so I tried my XP netbook. I have installed the motorolla USB drivers on the netbook and the MPP on my Droid. Per the help file in the app, The first time I connect, I should get a motola icon in the task bar and I have to choose a couple of settings in there. I do not get the icon at all and the app just always says to plug the phone into the PC to connect with USB, even after the 2 are connected.

Am I missing somethign fundamental here? Any help you can offer is appreciated.

saabaa

Reaction score
Contacts Import

Hello All,
Nice App.
Not Fond At All of using the Google 'Cloud' for my contact data.
Has anyone had any errors importing Contacts using this app? I get a message 'Selected File Format Is Invalid'. I've tried both DOS & Windows exports from Outlook.

Win XP
Outlook 2007
No Sub folders on the Contacts Exported file
Tried both USB, WiFi w/both file versions.

Thanks for any ideas.

PS -Pls don't suggest using big G. I'll throw the phone before I use it :(
-EDIT- ..... I guess I'm ready to ditch the phone....
Thus far a fruitless search for something SIMPLE like the Incredible sync app. Most other apps won't port your contacts into the 'MoTo-crippled' default contact app.... huh?! Unless you use a _additional_ contacts app. WTF! This is just like the unchangeable 'conversation grouped' texting default in Droid :(. Or even the 'MoTo-crippled' calendar app (not much is configureable for view). Don't call me old, I'm just not into this force-feeding new way :( (wah). I thought the whole idea was open-ness....... oh well.......

Last edited:

Wake N Bake

Reaction score
Once on my sd card, it will not let me extract with astro. It tells me error, wth..

Lee_FL

Reaction score
USB Help

I have read through all the post on this topic, but I did not find how to access my Droid using MPP via USB. I loaded version 1.0. When I connect my Droid to my PC via USB cable, the blue M icon shows up in the task bar. I have tried left and right clicking the icon but with no success. Right click show "When phone connects, launch..." but the only selection is "Nothing".

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Neupy

Reaction score
Yeah im having the same issue. USB isnt working. The phone app says Plug in USB to launch and it is plugged in lol. Moto Connect also says nothing checked.

bear3351

Reaction score
After you saved it on my desk top, what do I click to unzip and install it? Thanks.

kryptobium

Reaction score
hi... this is a great application for sync... but i m not able to sync with USB, even if i plug in into system the MPP is not detecting the USB connection... i ve enabled USB Debugging and mounted the SD Card, then also the issue persists