Moto Phone Portal - Droid to PC Media Sync(and More) via WiFi

kamileon

Reaction score
So this may be a noob question but I installed v 1 , how do I uninstall so I can try the older version

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
So this may be a noob question but I installed v 1 , how do I uninstall so I can try the older version

Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications scroll down and look for "Phone Portal", select it, then tap "Unistall"

FYI, if you want to unistall the 029 version do the same as above but look for "Phone Tools" instead of "Phone Portal"(v1)

therock

Reaction score
OK, I have read the full thread and now I'm all turned around.
Can I request someone list the versions in a single thread and describe the desired scenarios for each?
How about a step by step. All the info here is getting scrambled.
The above said, I take it the first version is the fastest over for Wi-Fi?
Thanks.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
OK, I have read the full thread and now I'm all turned around.
Can I request someone list the versions in a single thread and describe the desired scenarios for each?
How about a step by step. All the info here is getting scrambled.
The above said, I take it the first version is the fastest over for Wi-Fi?
Thanks.

Go back to the 1st post, I edited it and it has both versions available with a brief description.

therock

Reaction score
Thanks,

I have tried both and whew! Is that newer one slow. The older one really moves. So I am using the older version now.

Now then.......... I cannot see a file managed tab in either browser. IE8 or FF 3.5.7..

Wadaya think?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Thanks,

I have tried both and whew! Is that newer one slow. The older one really moves. So I am using the older version now.

Now then.......... I cannot see a file managed tab in either browser. IE8 or FF 3.5.7..

Wadaya think?

Are you sure, it shows up to the right of the "Settings" tab/button on mine. When I click it it opens up a seperate file (explorer) window.

therock

Reaction score
Yes, Vista X86.

Also, when go into contacts and want to assign a custom ring tone I can only go into the factory list of tones. I a new droid owner so forgive my greenness.

I guess I can do it in another program.

QuPop

Reaction score
Its funny im not getting any 'file managed' tab using windows 7 on ff 3.5.7, ie 8 (and in compatibility mode) and chrome 3.0.195.38 either.

When you first load the page does it give everyone else :

"For the best Moto Phone Portal experience, please use Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 3"

Really only reason i would use this is to transfer files back and forth kind of a shame if im just SOL. Is there any other apps like this on the marketplace? Be great to transfer files wirelessly :)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just an FYI--Both versions attached in the first post are version 1.0.