Moto Droid calling people in the middle of the night

johnlgalt

Reaction score
Umm, has anyone figured out if this could be caused by the magnets in the dock?

The reason I ask is this - I bought a nice leather case with Chamois lined interior from Best Buy for my DROID last night - but it uses magnets. I tried it out in the store, but it didn't seem to do anything, so I bought it.

This afternoon, I found that the magnet had enabled dock mode numerous times, car mode more than a few times, had dialed random numbers 3 different times I had taken it out of the case, and other things.

I have not had this happen at night - but I don't have the dock, either. I do have the dockrunner app and have it running at night - but no calls.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good point. For all those having this problem, was your phone docked, in a case, or just sitting by itself?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Damn this really does happen to some people?

Maybe i should leave my Droid on tonight and see if i experience it myself...

OP
D

Droidude

Reaction score
Mine is dockless. I did a hard reset yesterday, and it did not call anyone last night. :icon_ banana:

Hopefully the problem is solved.

BzB

Reaction score
look at the bright side, your droid making random phone calls at 3am is a lot better than it having surprise sex with you at 3am. :icon_eek:

HEMDROID

Reaction score
I noticed when you add an app there's a disclaimer that comes up telling you the app will have access to "contacts" etc etc etc. My droid hasn't called anyone but i'm not adding any apps until this thing has been resolved.

OP
D

Droidude

Reaction score
I forgot to mention something really crazy that my Droid did yesterday evening. I was out at my in-laws house for dinner, and I checked my email on the phone and I had a voicemail from my home phone, which is no big deal except for the fact that the voicemail came from my cell phone number. I looked at my call log and there is no record of the phone calling my house... It left a 34 second voicemail message, but there was no noise. :icon_evil:

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
As far as I can tell it from moderating on other BlackBerry forums, we heard a couple of time that phones call somebody by themselves, but it usually was the FIRST in teh contact list....check if that is true! If that states true, than it is OS bug, no Hardwarebug!

Greetz
Tigger

Kalian

Reaction score
Mine was making a ham sandwich at 4am and told me to go back to bed that I was just "dreaming" which I believed it until reading this....:icon_evil:

^^ LOL

Dang, this thread is getting me excited. Maybe I can train my DROID to grab me a beer whenever I'm thirsty =P

monkeygerm

Reaction score
I noticed when you add an app there's a disclaimer that comes up telling you the app will have access to "contacts" etc etc etc. My droid hasn't called anyone but i'm not adding any apps until this thing has been resolved.

Yeah i was a little iffy about downloading certain apps which say they can access: Services that cost you money - DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS, SEND SMS MESSAGES. Maybe it is an app doing just that.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still find it interesting that pretty much everyone this happens to says it happens at 3-5am

P7M8

Reaction score
My Droid was not in a dock when it made the calls. I've been on a retreat since Thursday, had the Droid in Airplane mode since it won't turn off in the charger. I will keep the Droid in airplane mode at night so it won't happen again until there's a known fix.