:motdroidvert:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine was making a ham sandwich at 4am and told me to go back to bed that I was just "dreaming" which I believed it until reading this....:icon_evil:
you don't wanna know what mine did, it is illegal in pretty much every state and I haven't felt the same since :icon_eek:

P7M8

Reaction score
Same issue. It made three calls last night. Two were to the same number in my contact list, however I have not called this person from this phone; ever.

The other was to a toll free number.

Calls were made @ 3:29am, 3:52am, and 4:45am.

Additionally, it downloaded an "unknown" app over night. When I clicked on the tag it disappeared. I also had one paid application on the device that I did not download.

Apps installed:

Accuweather
Advanced Task Killer
Astrid
Bar Code Scanner
Depth of Field Calculator
Enjoy Daily Sudoku
ESPN
Facebook
Fox 8 News
Fox News
Google Sky Maps
Google Voice
Handcent SMS
Jewels
Keeper (Passwords)
Live Football
Mortgage Calc
Movies
Nascar
Open Home
Screens
SoloMemo
Sports Tap
Strawberry (Photography app)
Google "Talk"
Twidroid Pro
Video Babes
Video Player
Video Safe
Weapons
Where
WiFi OnOff
World Weather

and just installed the virus program Flexilis Mobile Security; ran it and came back clean.

Last edited:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm googling it doesn't show any shadyness or anyone else complaining. That's pretty weird though..

OP
D

Droidude

Reaction score
It happened again... Last night I woke up and looked at my phone and the backlight was on. It was calling my voicemail. So to be safe, I turned the phone off, but left it on the charger. When I woke up this morning it had made 4 more phone calls....

I am definitely either going to exchange it or do a hard reset. I could take the battery out at night, but I am a property manager and need to have my phone on during the night in case of an emergency, so I am kind of stuck. I really don't want to have to start from scratch again, but I guess I am left no choice.

BTW - I have a lot of the same apps you listed, including Advance Task Killer, Jewels, Astrid, Fox News, G Voice, G Talk, Bar Scanner, & Wifi On/OFF.

Crazyness...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Mine was making a ham sandwich at 4am and told me to go back to bed that I was just "dreaming" which I believed it until reading this....:icon_evil:
dude thats the craziest thing....mine was siphoning off gas from a car parked out front...it said in that Droid voice "stand back initiating activation"

I'm returning mine for sure. something doesn't feel right. I called tech support and they said "They haven't heard of this issue" I told them bs people's Droids are calling people and communicating among themselves.

There is some top secret shiat going on and we are part of some experiment.

Droid Does alright...we're all gonna die

OP
D

Droidude

Reaction score
Besides calling other people, it is calling *86 as well. I called Verizon Tech Support and they did not have any answers as I suspected.

I did a hard reset, and the weird thing is that even though all of my settings were wiped out, it left all of the applications.

Now that I have done the reset, I will give it one more night before exchanging it.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Is it calling with GVoice or with your normal number? I wonder if its a GV issue?

For me, it's not my GV number... it was my normal cell number.

At least it didn't call me last night nor any of the other nights.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
hmm is there an app that records phone conversations? if so when you go to sleep you can activate so if the phone calls anyone or any number the audio will be recorded, im saying this because maybe if you download an app through a phone number... would you hear beeping from the other line? its because im thinking more along the lines of a dial up modem

i leave my computer in hibernate mode every night and on random nights it will turn on. its a customized computer so it has big loud fans, but ive been thinking maybe my computer is waiting for the droid and maybe when i get it they will start communicating at night :icon_eek:

Last edited:

andjarnic

Reaction score
Man, this is hilarious and at the same time.. kind of worrisome. I've never heard of any phone making calls on it's own. I know it can programatically be done.. but wtf is causing it. Is it something in the Android layer, cause several of you don't have the same programs and are experiencing it. Perhaps there is a "bug" that is infact someone able to control these phones with SMS messages or something. Maybe a hacker has already figured out there is an opening and is exploiting it. Seem's unlikely..but you never know. There are a few apps that you can send SMS to your Android phone and they listen for it and turn the thing on, turn the ringer up and call it. So maybe it is happening now.

Ted

Reaction score
This is my favorite thread, EVER! I'm much more wary of my new houseguest - If I see any unauthorized phone or data use, sandwich making, or gas siphoning, I'm all over it!