More Pics of Droid 3 Leaked

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Ooh, could this be the slider we saw at the FCC a while back that everyone thought was the Xoom for some reason?

pyrofreak

Reaction score
Usually if it has the "droid" title then they will not put bloatware and moto blur on the phone. atleast i hope not if they don't put moto blur on it and depending on some of the specs this will be my next phone. i dont really care about 4g and i love my OG Droid its the best phone ive ever owned. Lets see some specs on this beast.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Usually if it has the "droid" title then they will not put bloatware and moto blur on the phone. atleast i hope not if they don't put moto blur on it and depending on some of the specs this will be my next phone. i dont really care about 4g and i love my OG Droid its the best phone ive ever owned. Lets see some specs on this beast.

Did you completely miss all the blur and bloat on the x/2/2g? Its loaded all throughout it, even to the point that you can't get OTA updates if you don't have it all there.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
(SNIP)

Did you completely miss all the blur and bloat on the x/2/2g? Its loaded all throughout it, even to the point that you can't get OTA updates if you don't have it all there.

Not getting OTA updates? You say it like that's a BAD thing! :):)

-Mike

Reaction score
I have and love my od best cell I ever owned been waiting for bigger screen and physical keyboard ill be watching this very close also I see people here say no predicted text with physical keyboard do some looking around I use better keyboard app and I have predicted text with the physical keyboard also there is a way to get it free

CellZealot

Reaction score
The OP should dig a little deeper for his source material... ;)

I am the one who posted the pic of the Solana with the keyboard opn on HoFo.

I also posted the build.prop from an engineering build for this phone in the same thread.

The firmware clearly shows this is a full Blur system and framework.

Just an FYI.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The OP should dig a little deeper for his source material... ;)

I am the one who posted the pic of the Solana with the keyboard opn on HoFo.

I also posted the build.prop from an engineering build for this phone in the same thread.

The firmware clearly shows this is a full Blur system and framework.

Just an FYI.

SO CZ have you hear of a motorola phone in the future (future being this year) that will be unlocked and no blur. My conclusion is as long as motorola has blur on a phone it will be locked to protect their software.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
(SNIP)

-Mike

Its just annoying that you can't get OTA updates without all the blur/bloat.... I could care less as long as I can stay rooted and running RubiX though.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

darkmatter

Reaction score
A physical keyboard is a MUST for me. I use it all the time.

I use mine all the time too but I just upgraded to a Thunderbolt and the larger screen makes typing on it way easier than the droid since all the buttons are bigger,.

I've got my nook color rooted. Even with a (much) bigger screen, I absolutely hate the virtual keyboard. I'm with the physical keyboard is a must crowd.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I absolutely hate the virtual keyboard. I'm with the physical keyboard is a must crowd.

I may be coming back around to that. I'm ultimately going retail for the TBolt or Bionic because my D1 is just too underpowered for how I want to use. So that will give me a flavor for whether I can manage without the physical keyboard. In 6 months I'll sell it and use my upgrade and so it will cost me about $300 more. If I jumped now and dropped home broadband I could save $50 a month (at least until free hotspot goes away). Decisions decisions...

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
(SNIP)

-Mike

Its just annoying that you can't get OTA updates without all the blur/bloat.... I could care less as long as I can stay rooted and running RubiX though.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

My point was more along the lines of "You're better off NOT having to deal with an OTA update". If you're rooted with an alternate recovery and custom rom installed, you shouldn't have to deal with one of those things, and why would you WANT to anyway? It'll just screw with your phone, if you did get it to install somehow.

-Mike

Vito.a

Reaction score
I am also not a fan of the virtual keyboards. When I played with the Thunderbolt Demo, it took me three tries to get to droidforums.net. It never did get to weather.com. It just kept mis-typing letters I pressed.

However, the problem with these slide out keyboards is they do not absorb rough treatment well. Drop it a few times and its toast. Just no easy answer.