More Pics of Droid 3 Leaked

xmguy

Reaction score
I see a Micro USB and Micro HDMI on the side. I really like it. I'm still fine with 3G. Seeing it's thin size it will 100% be 3G.

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
Nice looking phone overall no doubt!

I'll probably jump onto the Bionic myself for a few reasons:
  1. I've been using a Droid 1 since its launch date and I find that I rarely use the physical keyboard. If this phone were coming out at the same time as the Bionic, then I would give it strong consideration which leads me to the next point.
  2. I'm very eager to jump to a phone with superior hardware and June is still painfully distant, now if Moto were to release a date on this thing that is within a month or so of the Bionic, I could be persuaded to wait.
  3. Why a phisical keyboard? If this thing had even had a black and white LCD touchscreen side-out "keyboard" then.. wow...

Because some of us still want a physical keyboard. Quit complaining. The majority of phones don't have physical keyboards, so you have many more to choose from than those of us who want a physical keyboard.

At the time I bought my Droid the only other Android VZW phone worth 1/2 a darn was the Eris. Personally I wasn't seeking a physical keyboard, it just happened to have one. I liked the fact it had it but after ~1.5 or so years of using the phone I also found I personally don't use the keyboard much at all. This is not at all to put down the idea of having a physical keyboard as some such as yourself likes having one.

Rhe one thing that generally keeps me from using the slide out keyboard on my Droid 1 is the fact when you use it you don't have the autosuggest active on any part of the phone. In that respect I feel it's slower than a physical keyboard. The thing I like about it though is it frees up a ton of screen real-estate.

My thoughts on an LCD slideout was mostly based on the early renderings of the "solano" phone. It is a neat concept that has a lot of flexibility.

Reaction score
ive been looking for a 4" or larger phone with a physical keyboard for months... and this one finally looks to be it. as long as there's no locked down bootloader BS this is mine

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I fail to see why this wouldn't have a locked bootloader. Hope really does spring eternal on this forum.

mjforte

Reaction score
This should have been the true successor to the OG Droid. Now we just need stock Android and an unlocked bootloader. I know its a stretch but what better device to be the first to launch with stock Ice Cream Sandwich and unlocked? If Moto did this, we'd have another wildly successful device like the D1. Don't let me down Moto! Although I'd still probably get this phone anyways.

xmguy

Reaction score
The Droid 2 and Droid X both have locked bootloaders. No reason to not assume the D3 will not have a locked bootloader too.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
If the Xoom is any indication, then there's a chance that the bootloader will be unlocked. I feel that so many of us who still own a D1 would quickly jump ship if this were the case. I can't see Moto leaving Blur off this device, however.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I wouldn't anticipate an unlocked bootloader but one never knows. Right now there is a 50/50 chance : ) I like those odds....

Sent from my Droid

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
It is thinner, but looking at the pictures and comparing it to my phone, not by a whole lot. I think I'll be going with a thinner device that has a virtual keyboard instead. Maybe, depends on the specs.

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Two ports on the side. HDMI out?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I like this one.
The screen does look larger because of the numeric keys above. And they slide out keyboard is larger because it doesn't have the D1 square scroll on the side, it has the arrows. I like the larger keys: return arrow, shift, alt. That will help a lot for me. I never used the tab key but there's a dedicated one (instead of with the alt) on here. Great keyboard, I'd say.

I don't use my keyboard much, and like SnydersWeb said, auto correct would help there. But I do use it and for longer texts or multiple texts, e-mails, blog, etc., it helps with data entry.

I hope it has HDMI out. I had to buy a new tv and dvd player and both have HDMI ports, so that would work great.

It does look thinner then my D1.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Something else I DO like about the revised keyboard is it's skewed as the keys on a laptop or normal keyboard are instead of stacked like the D1, that will make it much more natural for faster typing IMO. I'm still leaning back toward a virtual keyboard though, not having to physically put pressure on the key makes you move much faster just to touch and go. I bet I could do 3:1 virtual vs hardkey.

Still holding out for virtual slide-out keyboards personally, I wish someone would start the revolution already. :(