[Rumor] More Leaked Droid Bionic Pics and Gingerbread too!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Exactly what i thought, so there is a HUGE difference there.

Yeah I don't the there is much difference with the HPSA and HPSA+ radios. The problems seem to be with the LTE radios.

sent from somewhere...

True, which i hope they are close to fixing. What I meant though is there is a huge difference just in speed also. LTE vs HSPA+ is night and day. So saying that the Atrix was a 4g phone.. i don't really consider it that.

I agree....ain't marketing awesome.

sent from somewhere...

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
cmaag wrote:
What .... finally a dual-core, 4G phone that ive been waiting for since Feb

The Atrix4G is a Dual-core, 4G phone but has Android 2.2 Froyo instead of 2.3 Gingerbread which is supposed to be upgraded shortly (that could mean next year!)
Jim

So? That very well may be the case, but that's if you're on AT&T. Several Verizon customers have been waiting on this phone since it was announced. He never said that there weren't any other dual-core 4G phones out there. There just aren't any on Verizon.
I think he wrote without thinkin!!!!HELLO!!!!UR ON A VERIZON SITE NOT AT&T!!!!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
cmaag wrote:
What .... finally a dual-core, 4G phone that ive been waiting for since Feb

The Atrix4G is a Dual-core, 4G phone but has Android 2.2 Froyo instead of 2.3 Gingerbread which is supposed to be upgraded shortly (that could mean next year!)
Jim

So? That very well may be the case, but that's if you're on AT&T. Several Verizon customers have been waiting on this phone since it was announced. He never said that there weren't any other dual-core 4G phones out there. There just aren't any on Verizon.

Actually your on an android site, not a verizon or at&t site.

g_what

Reaction score

"Droid" branded phones are for Verizon (Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Droid Pro, Droid Eris, Droid Incredible). The Atrix is just that, the "Atrix"... not Droid Atrix. While this may not directly be a Verizon site, it is inderectly a Verizon site.

g_what

Reaction score

"Droid" branded phones are for Verizon (Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Droid Pro, Droid Eris, Droid Incredible). The Atrix is just that, the "Atrix"... not Droid Atrix. While this may not directly be a Verizon site, it is inderectly a Verizon site.
The Edit button is not showing up, but I noticed that I misspelled "indirectly". My bad.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Gotta agree with you. While the site has expanded to include forums about other Android phones, the Droid line with Verizon is why most people are here. Heck, even the welcome message on the home page only talks about Verizon:

"Welcome to DroidForums.net - Not just a Motorola Droid Forum, but a website dedicated to the brand new series of Droid Phones from Verizon using the popular Android OS."

So while things have expanded, the majority of people are here for Verizon Android phones, specifically the Droid line.

But to be back on topic, I'm liking the look of the Bionic. Especially what appears to be a humpless back.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gotta agree with you. While the site has expanded to include forums about other Android phones, the Droid line with Verizon is why most people are here. Heck, even the welcome message on the home page only talks about Verizon:

"Welcome to DroidForums.net - Not just a Motorola Droid Forum, but a website dedicated to the brand new series of Droid Phones from Verizon using the popular Android OS."

So while things have expanded, the majority of people are here for Verizon Android phones, specifically the Droid line.

But to be back on topic, I'm liking the look of the Bionic. Especially what appears to be a humpless back.

The main point of my posting was that you don't need to jump on someone because they are talking about an android phone that is on at&t and sprint and not on verizon. While we do deal with verizon phones, we also don't lambaste someone for bringing up a phone on another network.

g_what

Reaction score

I personally prefer the look of the Bionic before this redesign (http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/motorola-droid-bionic-1294332936-316.jpg), but I'll take the sacrifice of appearance for function.

chris420o

Reaction score
90000% my newest phone....this is the droid im lookin for...now give us a release date!!

chris420o

Reaction score
and ps this thing can have a bootloader thats locked like a chasity belt and it will NOT effect my decision one bit

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I'm just not buying that it's going to be 4.5 inch screen. I've seen pics of the (alleged) Bionic next to the X and Bionic is def smaller. So I'm not sure what's going on here. I'm hoping Bionic is more like 4 inches. I think that's the sweet spot. Gimme and unlocked bootloader on this bad boy and I'm on like Flynn.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm just not buying that it's going to be 4.5 inch screen. I've seen pics of the (alleged) Bionic next to the X and Bionic is def smaller. So I'm not sure what's going on here. I'm hoping Bionic is more like 4 inches. I think that's the sweet spot. Gimme and unlocked bootloader on this bad boy and I'm on like Flynn.

Where's the picture next to the X? I haven't seen that one. I've the picture of it next to the Defy, and I agree that I don't think it's 4.5". It looks to me like it's 4.3".

The Bionic was originally supposed to be 4.3", so I don't see Motorola shrinking the screen size as one of their "enhancements." I'm thinking it will be 4.3" with 4.5" as a possibility. I don't see 4" happening at all for this one.

drewlamo1

Reaction score
man i got 2 upgrades that just popped on my lines too.
cant wait for this!

might even get the droid3 on my other line lol