More Pics of Droid 3 Leaked

Chachmo78

Reaction score
Well, until I saw the announcement about the Bionic, I "knew" that I would be upgrading to the D3 at the end of 2011...but now I don't know. As I haven't rooted my D1 yet (love this phone) and have plans to, I will see how that goes, and most likely go with the new phone that will allow Rooting, if I enjoy it that much more.

EFGantry

Reaction score
every indication is that it will be locked. now, the Targa - that's a different story...

loki993

Reaction score
I guess I dont understand. As far as Ive heard Moto is locking down ALL their phones. Why would the Targa be any different?

EFGantry

Reaction score
there have been rumors that it could be a Nexus-type/pure Google device. that generally means an unlocked bootloader. everything is rumor right now, of course; but, some people over at HoFo with reliable histories have given indications of it possibly being unlocked.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'd be excited about it if I knew if the bootloader is unlocked.

I don't care about the bootloader. I just care about it not having Motoblur on it, but that is probably a useless wish. I want it like my stock Droid, except faster and with a better physical keyboard. A 4.0 screen would be a bonus.

EFGantry

Reaction score
the D3 will have dual core, a pkb (with dedicated numbers row added), and 4" screen. unknown as to whether it will be LTE.

Targa will be at least dual core (rumored to maybe be quad core, but unlikely), 4.3" screen, LTE. no pkb.

shiccy

Reaction score
Nice looking phone overall no doubt!

I'll probably jump onto the Bionic myself for a few reasons:
  1. I've been using a Droid 1 since its launch date and I find that I rarely use the physical keyboard. If this phone were coming out at the same time as the Bionic, then I would give it strong consideration which leads me to the next point.
  2. I'm very eager to jump to a phone with superior hardware and June is still painfully distant, now if Moto were to release a date on this thing that is within a month or so of the Bionic, I could be persuaded to wait.
  3. Why a phisical keyboard? If this thing had even had a black and white LCD touchscreen side-out "keyboard" then.. wow...

I use the physical keyboard all the time. The is the main reason I got my droid 1 vs. a touch screen only phone. That's the reason for the physical keyboard.

Saying that you want TWO touch screen displays would be battery suicide. Using a phone has two main draws to their battery - #1 The screen, #2 The radio when using the phone for calls. Physical keyboards are the way to go, and it makes for speed of entry so much faster than on screen keyboards. ... As long as you don't have long fingernails.

BTW: Many females like to use their fingernails to type, and you can't do that on screen. I'm male, but just pointing it out.

the86d

Reaction score
I have been bee-ching about dedicated number key everywhere I can to hopefully get the attention they deserve. I just got a D2 in Oct, but wanted to leave Verizon, but it looks like I am in for life now (or after they make me an offer I can't refuse on the D3)!