More Pics of Droid 3 Leaked

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Another potential disappointment is if the specs it has would wow us today but by the time it's released would be average. The market is moving so fast that phones are almost obsolete before they're even released :wink: :wacko:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Always loved my d1 but I have to get a new phone soon hopefully this one is great might be my next phone :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Somewhat excited...

While I admit my D1's physical KB is virtually untouched, what I liked about having it was:

It is there should I decide to use it ...

I like a heftier phone, darn, with that metal bezel one can use your Droid last ditch as a weapon ... I know they won't ever build one like the OG again, will be plastic and crap ...

Which leads me to say it's too bad they don't build it liek the OG, could see all that lower bezel put to use as a heat sink (wouldn't get that hot to hold IMHO ... but could help manage temps, just a thought ... :) )

Also, have to agree here, we see it, but by the time the thing is announced and get to the market after delays by VZ and moto, issues found and corrected, it may or may not be something to drool over.

abadbronc

Reaction score
Thanks to teams like Liquid and Cyanogen my old D1 is still keeping up and I love it. I skipped buying the D2 because I saw no point. If I can get root on the D3 I would be very tempted to upgrade.

No Root = No Sale
Locked Bootloader = No Sale

Not only this, but I will steer my family and friends towards phones that allow me to do what I wish with "my property".

*crosses fingers*

zhorik

Reaction score
Wow. I hope the Droid 3 is a little more squarish looking then the Droid 2. I really liked the looks of the original Droid. I was nice and hefty, blocky and felt like cold hard metal. I thought it felt good. I hope they make it a little more like the original .

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
How come only 1.3GHz? I mean the global's 1.2 seems like a "round" 1.5 would be nice.
Perhaps too much battery drain?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Wow. I hope the Droid 3 is a little more squarish looking then the Droid 2. I really liked the looks of the original Droid. I was nice and hefty, blocky and felt like cold hard metal. I thought it felt good. I hope they make it a little more like the original .

Zhorik, I 100% agree with you!!! I absolutely hated the look of the Droid 2. I think it looked like it was geared towards the female audience (no offense to anyone). And I'm not a fan of the look of the D3 either.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

darkmatter

Reaction score
Hopefully that twitter leak is right about d3 not having blur, which would indicate a google experience device.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
How come only 1.3GHz? I mean the global's 1.2 seems like a "round" 1.5 would be nice.
Perhaps too much battery drain?

The clock speed isn't everything Johnny, common misconception. If chips are not efficient at performing well at higher clocks then it's not as important as good battery life and heat management due to architecture or instruction set. Take the D1 for instance, the chip can be overclocked to 1.3ghz with ease, but beyond 1ghz you see no added performance because the chip simply doesn't manage it that well due to other factors, but what it will do is destroy your battery and produce a LOT of heat. Now there are a lot of other factors that affect performance. Processor speed is only one of them. Memory speed and architecture, internal bus speeds, storage technology, local cache, memory bus interface, number of cores, and I/O throughput all contribute heavily to performance.

Clock rate still does play a role, but only when comparing chips of the same architecture.

solar

Reaction score
I want a droid 3! i'm a keyboard lover! but it really needs dual core and LTE! I really really hope it has both....

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I still have my OG droid and its all I need. Ima physical keyboard user but the idea of having a slide out virtual keyboard that could be used as an additional screen other than just a keyboard would be neato. I would love to upgrade to this but my upgrade isn't until later this year. I'm liking that dedicated number row!

souljerr

Reaction score
If the specs are right this will be my next phone. I've got to have a keyboard and I'm not interested in a "huge" screen on my phone. Seems like this might be perfect upgrade from the original Droid.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
DEFINITELY a nice-looking phone. I'm not a physical keyboard fan, but for those who are, I can definitely see why they would choose it for their next phone!

equest

Reaction score
I want a droid 3! i'm a keyboard lover! but it really needs dual core and LTE! I really really hope it has both....

Same here! I still have the original droid (Telus Milestone) and I wish the droid3 be at least LTE so we could take advantage of the $30 4G unlimited.