MIUI.us-Sholes-1.6.24.0

jchammer123

Reaction score
Just wanted to share.....this is my first time trying out MIUI and I could barely stand it at first. It was extremely laggy and slow. Then I installed Chevys 1ghz kernel and ran the supercharger script and now I'm loving it! What a nice change from the normal rom. The interface features are fantastic and I'm having very minor issues now. But nothing I can't fix or deal with! Excellent job guys!

Edit- Oh, and I love the camera!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Is there a reason why you didn't flash the newest build....1.7.1? Its stickied.

I had flashed this a few days before I posted this. And I did end up seeing the new build and flashing it, so I'm current now,lol.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hixie5

Reaction score
I have noticed on this build as well as last weeks that my phone seems to be sluggish when waking up after being idle for a period of time. I believe the issue is a change I made last week in build.prop to try to save some battery life.

If you are noticing the same behavior on your phone, try editing build.prop and commenting out these two lines to see if it helps:
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
pm.sleep_mode=1

If this seems to help, I will remove these in future builds.

For what it's worth, this helped a great deal. I had a big problem with horrible lag after my phone sat for awhile. Commenting these lines out like you suggested had a HUGE improvement on my performance. My phone is now usable again!!

Also added the 4096 into free_mem_kbytes to the sysctl file and this seems to help as well.

Thanks magiman for all your hard work!!