MIUI.us-Sholes-1.6.24.0

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
MIUI.us-Sholes-1.6.24.0

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA

This build was ported to the droid by TP4BAMA and MagiMan7, translations to english were done by MIUI.us

All of the MIUI.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds

Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
@tp4bama / @magiman7

If this is your first time trying MIUI, read the Miui Manual (credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
 "MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor MIUI.com developers are liable 
 in anyway.*/

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Apps dont automatically load, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! There is a problem across all builds with attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
  • Hear camera initialize once after every full boot
  • Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
  • Miui Camera may have weird zoom behavior (see fix below)
  • Phone may become laggy after a few days w/o restarting due to compcache. (see fix below)

POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

MIUI CHANGELOG: Here

Local changes by US:
  • Completely new porting procedure, removed a TON (over 50) of unneeded Milestone files
  • Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
  • Compcache working from install (40mb) should be compatible with any kernel that works with CM7
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Multitasking and Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
  • Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
  • Added all ringetones from CM7
  • Added vim, nano, bash, terminal mods, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
  • Added Terminal Emulator from CyanogenMod 7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
  • Old 3D Gallery was added
  • Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
  • Removed ProTips due to it being useless
  • Added Rom Manager for future automatic updates (installed to /data for easier upgrades)
  • Added Google Apps: Car Home, GenieWidget to system apps (not available from the market)
  • Added Google Apps: Mail, Maps, Voice, Google Search, Youtube to data apps (can be easily uninstalled or updated)
  • Added Stock Motorola Droid QuickOffice in /data (can be easily uninstalled)
  • Added some build.prop tweaks (credit metalspring for collection from varioius sources)
  • Added Stock theme that is same as Default theme with 5-way unlock style

INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  6. Restore apps/data with Miui backup
  7. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  8. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs with certain apps
  9. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.

Version 1.6.24.0
md5: dd667c9a1e18e5fa1821e7f56acede61

Have Rom Manager automatically download zip on your phone (suggest downloading on wifi)
You must enable Web Connect in Rom Manager on your phone to enable this option

Check out the new lockscreen styles. You can find a guide to changing the lockscreen style along with link to download the available styles (Updated for 1.6.24) HERE

Themes available HERE

Themers: Excellent guide on creating MIUI themes HERE

ERI Mod - Removes all Verizon / Roaming / Network text in menu bar and pull down. (Flash on top of 1.6.24.0)
MIUI.us_sholes_1.6.24-eri-mod.zip
md5: 831c797f5bfd8ff1e33aeff2d380245c

MIUI CAMERA ZOOM FIX
From MIUI Camera, goto Settings and uncheck AutoFocus. The camera will still auto focus when you take the picture, but it will not continueally focus as so you point your camera. The autofocus seems to take priority and can cause the calls to zoom to get missed.

REFRESH COMPCACHE FIX
From terminal, su to gain root access and run 'compcache restart' That will refresh your compcache and should give fresh boot snappiness.

AUTOBRIGHTNESS FIX
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
In case you didn't catch it in the OP, we now have a working MIUI Camera app. Not a single crash and no "Cannot connect to Camera" errors. Only issue is weird zoom behavior with autofocus enabled. Disable that and it works great. Video recording appears to work as well, although I haven't test video recording as thoroughly.

Have fun and remember, this came from a MIUI.us build first

cowsquad

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is a way to port droid 2 global multi touch keybbord to droid 1. Just wondering I don't like the stock android kb

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wow great so far. Still no vibrate on key press for the keyboard.

Have you turned on Vibrate on Keypress?

Settings -> System Tab -> Language and Input Settings -> Android Keyboard Settings > Vibrate on Keypress

g_what

Reaction score
Downloading now :)

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Thanks! DLing now. 6.17 was awesome for me..........this should be good

cowsquad

Reaction score
My battery drains fast, but I guess swype and miren browser are draining it. Watch out for those apps.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I am using the DroidForums app and the main download is a image and not a link. I have to save the image and restore my qr scanner to download. The mod eri and lockscreens are links. Is this only me?

cowsquad

Reaction score
I am using the DroidForums app and the main download is a image and not a link. I have to save the image and restore my qr scanner to download. The mod eri and lockscreens are links. Is this only me?

No bang bow wow chica wow lol :) mine does exactly the same, I always use miui.us. to download the ROM.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

The image (download button) should have a link associated with it. I haven't used the droidforums app, so I never tried it. So you are saying that the droidforum app doesn't associate the url link when it is applied to images? You can just click on the download button?