MIUI.us-Sholes-1.6.24.0

g_what

Reaction score
I just noticed that when I receive text messages my screen turns on. I use Handcent. I turned off all notifications for the MIUI Messaging app. I have the Handcent settings configured so the screen is not supposed to turn on. Does this version of the ROM have a setting I am unaware of for receiving messages?? I'd appreciate any help with the situation.

Edit:
I guess I should mention that I do not want my screen turning on when I receive a text.

Make sure that miui SMS notification screen wake up is set.off on miui.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I have all of the individual notifications turned off as well as the "master switch". I have no idea why the screen is turning on.

drilus

Reaction score
I can't seem to get Swype to install on 1.6.24. I haven't had much of any problems on the other builds. =[

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I can't seem to get Swype to install on 1.6.24. I haven't had much of any problems on the other builds. =[

Yes, Swype 3 has been a pain and it took me a while to get it going. I actually went through the process twice on 1.6.24 when testing it and I think I may have a process that should work.

First, uninstall everything swype, the keyboard and the installer.
Reboot phone into recovery, wipe cache (just making sure it is all gone)
Download swype installer on phone
Install swype (I have used the smaller eng/span but either should work)
Swype will not be able to register because you can't disable swype
Use MIUI Backup to backup swype (just the keyboard, not the installer)
uninstall swype (just keyboard)
Reboot phone
Verify the android keyboard is selected in settings (make sure there is orange dot next to it, select it if there isn't)
Run Swype Installer, select keyboard to download, when swype comes up to install, select cancel
Run MIUI Backup to restore swype
Go to settings and again make sure android keyboard is selected (orange dot next to it)
Go into program where you can use keyboard, bring up android keyboard
Long press on text box to bring "Input method"
Select Swype
Cross Fingers
Swype tutorial comes up, cancel it
Keep fingers crossed
Hopefully swype keyboard works
Party!

Swype 2 used to work out of the box from a restore with MIUI Backup on previous releases (or at least it did for me for a string of 5-6 weeks). Unfortunately it didn't this week, so I have my doubts for the coming weeks. I will be trying to get it to work each week, so hopefully we can refine this process and I will get somebody it to sticky it.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm having poor battery life with miui.us 1.6.24. Im getting 5 hours with moderate using. I went back to 1.6.17, I feel like that version is the most stable one :)

If you get a chance to check this on 1.6.24 (if you didn't before you went back), what processes were at the top of your battery consumption?

Settings -> System Tab -> Battery Settings -> Battery Use

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great rom as usual. Only issues sem to already be talked about:

1. Really bad battery life
(although I have been using my phone more today)
2. Screen always turns on when I get a SMS
(even with the setting turned off)

drilus

Reaction score
I'm having poor battery life with miui.us 1.6.24. Im getting 5 hours with moderate using. I went back to 1.6.17, I feel like that version is the most stable one :)

If you get a chance to check this on 1.6.24 (if you didn't before you went back), what processes were at the top of your battery consumption?

I encountered this the first day I installed the rom. I had two processes at the top. I can only remember one which was process.acore.

I rebooted and have been running great since then. If it happens again I'll report it.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just noticed that when I receive text messages my screen turns on. I use Handcent. I turned off all notifications for the MIUI Messaging app. I have the Handcent settings configured so the screen is not supposed to turn on. Does this version of the ROM have a setting I am unaware of for receiving messages?? I'd appreciate any help with the situation.

Edit:
I guess I should mention that I do not want my screen turning on when I receive a text.

Make sure that miui SMS notification screen wake up is set.off on miui.

I have all of the individual notifications turned off as well as the "master switch". I have no idea why the screen is turning on.

Yep, me too :-(

Anathema

Reaction score
Great rom as usual. Only issues sem to already be talked about:

1. Really bad battery life
(although I have been using my phone more today)
2. Screen always turns on when I get a SMS
(even with the setting turned off)

My battery life is actually better on this build then it has been in the last 10 releases or so. It still isn't good by any means, but I stopped expecting much on my d1 after a while.

cowsquad

Reaction score
On 1:6:24 the three top process were: display, phone idle and stand by. I have been on 1.6.17 and my battery stills on 60% after 9 hours of moderate use. Huge difference

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Magiman
Your GB releases have been fantastic, China take note American manufacturing is back!
Also to TP, hope all is well in general and MCAT-wise.

Quick query, I switched from the 6.10 release to your latest and greatest and noticed a big alteration. It appears that the dalvik for system apps and framework are no longer residing on the cache partition but rather the data partition. Since the lot of us have the internal memory challenged OG, would you mind sharing how to re-implement this feature.
I think it was something within init.sholes.rc, but can't be sure.
Thanks in advance for this invaluable information. It is greatly appreciated.
DWB

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Magiman
Quick query, I switched from the 6.10 release to your latest and greatest and noticed a big alteration. It appears that the dalvik for system apps and framework are no longer residing on the cache partition but rather the data partition. Since the lot of us have the internal memory challenged OG, would you mind sharing how to re-implement this feature.
I think it was something within init.sholes.rc, but can't be sure.
Thanks in advance for this invaluable information. It is greatly appreciated.
DWB

danceswithbongs

Yes, you are perceptive to have noticed the change in dalvik. The reason for the change is essentially MIUI changed something in their implementation, and I cannot use the CM7 dalvik binaries which point to /cache instead of /data. (Well I can, but it results in FC craziness). I think this is probably part of the reason for some of the recent lagginess (this change in dalvik started with the 6.17 release)

I have been focusing on other issues, previously the camera, but recently on some other goodies. 1 of them is done and ready for testing this week, although nothing will be noticeable build wise for a couple of weeks. It has taken a lot of work to get setup, but should save tons of time in the long run. The other I am trying to work out a few bugs and it should be ready to go this week too. This one will add a small, but hopefully useful, feature..

After that, I will be looking into the dalvik / cache situation. I may have to pull the master away from this tbolt to help out ;)

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
The master, hilarious!
Magi, I am your father.
Noooo! That's impossible.

There are a few newer apps that may allow the user to set up the move to cache partition, perhaps without inducing FC.

I'll put my best man on it and report back any of his findings.
Wait, due to budget cuts, it looks like I'm my best man...make that only man. Doh!

danceswithbongs

adjacks86

Reaction score
I just wanna thank tp4bama and magiman7 for these builds every week. I was like a month behind because of being busy working but this build is right on point on my phone. And the new lockscreens are killing the game. Keep up the good work fellas.

droid future

Reaction score
This is my first time trying MIUI. I am enjoying it thus far. It is so smooth and stable that is hard to believe it is considered beta. I want to thank everyone involved in bringing it to the OG. I'm looking forward to what else I may find!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

wallaby311

Reaction score
That could very well be the issue there, for almost any battery saving tweaks you sacrifice something in performance...I don't notice too much because I run a much faster kernel...btw just an fyi Zeppelinrox is updating his supercharger settings so you might wanna put the updated settings into the next build (if he has them worked out by then)

Which kernel are you using?? I've been on deprimed but it only goes to 900